Video Gamers Help

Anything About Anything...
ItzAcid
Match Winner

Video Gamers Help

Post by ItzAcid »

https://www.playfire.com/​bestgame/7VEE1V

If you enter, both of us have a better chance of winning ;) Quick entry too, so checkout the link if you don't mind haha.
Won Tourneys/Competitions: WWG4 (Hmm, need more braggage like Durka)

Oo oO
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Video Gamers Help

Post by sinewav »

Spam. Arma is the only game you need anyway. Console games suck too.
ItzAcid
Match Winner

Post by ItzAcid »

Spam no doubt, but I beg to differ on the console games ;). Well, the classics anyways. Haven't been overly impressed lately.

Oo oO
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Wait, are you wanting us to enter something specific?
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

Ahahahaha console "gamers", whatever next.
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
ItzAcid
Match Winner

Post by ItzAcid »

No, just your honest opinion :)

This dates back to the Sega Genesis days and NES as well, so feel free to include the retro.

Oo oO
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Says all-time, so presumably it includes games prior to the NES, all the way back to Pong and the arcades, not just consoles. (By the way, the Sega counterpart to the NES was the Master System; Genesis coincided with the SNES.)

Anyway, I still don't understand how you figure more entries gives each entrant a better chance of winning. I'm no mathematical genius, but I don't think odds work like that.
ItzAcid
Match Winner

Post by ItzAcid »

The Master System?! :o That sounds kind of intense ha. I'm going to look that up just for the fun of it, and The only reason it helps me in winning is because for every entry a referred person submits, I get another "ticket" in the drawing. Here's the part that I'm after: If someone I refer wins, both parties get the prize. Otherwise, you're right. It wouldn't help my chances at all :)

Out of curiousity, what is your personal favorite video game of all time? (including pong-style arcades)

Oo oO
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

Ah, I get it, so the "7VEE1V" is your referral ID, eh?

I don't have favorites or rankings in much of any subject or category. Reason being, I just can't compare things that I see as being good in their own right. How does one compare Pac-Man to SMB to Ocarina of Time, for example? They're completely different games. How does one compare Mozart to Monk to Monroe to Metroschifter? You can pick a criterion, but it would be somewhat arbitrary. And of course, "best of all time" is no sort of criterion.

(By the way, not "pong-style arcades;" Pong, among other "golden age" arcade games.)
Misery
Round Winner

Post by Misery »

I miss my Vectrex. :(
"Music can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable."
~Leonard Bernstein
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

Hi, Misery! There, now I've put it in a post. :)

Where'd your Vectrex go? I really want one of those. I mean, even just aesthetically, I'd love to have one that could run on auto-play, heh—realistically would be a big waste of energy, of course. But, they're just too pricey, and dodgy.

Of course, there are a couple emulators, like the Vecx (underdeveloped) and ParaJVE (works quite well), and you can even get a USB adaptor for the controllers, heh! Oh crap, that's been discontinued. Gotta snatch up a used one. I think, though, that their Atari 2600 or Genesis adaptor might work. I know you can plug a Genesis controller directly into a Vectrex.

Of course, emulation isn't quite the same, but next best thing, I reckon. Maybe someday someone will do a remake. There's even a fairly active homebrew community, from what I understand.

I shall complete my vector-screen moviepack...someday!
Misery
Round Winner

Post by Misery »

Hi, Phyto! :)

Well, I left it in California with family. It was one of the first gen designs without the proper shielding, so you would hear that hum when you turned it on. I had almost every single game that was commercially released for it, except for 3 of them. Just never got around to getting those missing ones... But... one of those family members I left it with had a drug problem and had their liberties with it and several other things I left there. So, no more Vectrex. :cry:
"Music can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable."
~Leonard Bernstein
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

Misery wrote:But... one of those family members I left it with ... had their liberties with it....
They did what with it?
ernest.gif
ernest.gif (769.85 KiB) Viewed 2552 times
Sorry, the drug abuse isn't a laughing matter, but your phrasing was. :P