The Werewolf Game 5 - Worms win!

Anything About Anything...
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: The Werewolf Game 5 - Day 5

Post by Titanoboa »

Try making sense Word. I've asked you many times over the years and you've never quite succeeded. It'd spare everyone time and effort, especially since you've elected yourself as leader for the normal programs in this game.

I didn't follow you blindly earlier in the game because you weren't clear. When Deso turned out to be a worm, you became clear. That's when I decided to drop my accusations of you and followed your lead on Eckz the next day.

I didn't go along with you earlier because you weren't fit to lead as you weren't clear and if you were a worm, you would have ended the game by killing off Deso.

Now that you're clear, and you're the one who has to lead the next kill, it's really important that you understand how this game works. We have 6 players still alive: 2 worms, 3 normal programs and 1 scanner. The firewall is dead. If we kill an innocent program, we lose the game dude. We need to take advantage of the scanner and win safely rather than ending the game on a hunch that a borderline insane player is making based on a personal issue. Do you understand? You can't just lead a random kill when we lose if you're wrong.

You've implied that the scanner has an innocent report but you haven't said it out loud. Why don't you just say it so we know how to vote?
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

You still haven't answered my question. You are the one who isn't making sense since you asked me to prove something of which you know that I couldn't (and where I admitted from the start that I wouldn't, and explained why - I'm admitting I have something to hide, and you thought that was a sign that I was a worm? It couldn't have been clearer - but the ones that didn't seem to get it were you, Eckz, and Desolate - what strange coincidence!). Why in the world should I tell you who was/wasn't scanned now? That would spoil the whole discussion. The scanner or I can do that in our farewell posts.

And now we have the same situation. If I tell you who is/isn't innocent, it's a lot easier for the worms (you) to determine someone whose death would help you.
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

If you would read my posts (!!!!!) you'd see that I said "if the report is innocent, don't tell us who". Just tell us whether the report from last night was guilty or innocent.

Your implying that the report was of someone innocent will have to be enough then, since you apparently can't understand what I'm saying. Voting no one today and hopefully we'll have a guilty tomorrow. Or enough alive confirmed innocent programs to single out the remaining 2 worms.

Eek, this is really frustrating.
Word

Post by Word »

I did read your post, but I'll remain silent because I want to see how this discussion I want plays out. I have a vague idea concerning someone's identity and I just need some more evidence for that (of course, it's based on the assumption that you are a worm). If I'm wrong the discussion will shed light on it and you'll get out innocent.

Titan, Luck, freako, bloods, and over: who do you think could be a worm? Just take a guess. You don't have to vote for that player, but if you want add a reason.
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

Dude.

Let me explain. I'll talk like a caveman to make sure you understand.

Today - 6 players alive
Today - we kill wrong person, tonight 5 players alive
Tonight - worms kill innocent program. Firewall no can save. Firewall dead.
Tomorrow - worms win game.

Therefore, we shouldn't kill anyone today. We should wait for tomorrow and then kill someone, with or without 1 more report. Even if the scanner does die tonight, the odds will be better for us tomorrow. Get it?

There isn't any reason to discuss anything at this point. It's down to the scanner.
Last edited by Titanoboa on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
freako
Core Dumper

Post by freako »

Titanoboa wrote:Dude.

Let me explain. I'll talk like a caveman to make sure you understand.

Today - 6 players alive
Today - we kill wrong person, tonight 5 players alive
Tonight - worms kill innocent program. Firewall no can save. Firewall dead.
Tomorrow - worms win game.

Therefore, we shouldn't kill anyone today. But wait for tomorrow and then kill someone, with or without 1 more report. Even if the scanner does die tonight, the odds will be better for us tomorrow. Get it?

You do know the programs will most likely lose when they vote for noone today?
Making it 3 on 2 with just as much info as we got today. I say we take the gamble and kill someone today.
Crazy Tron Addict since : October 2002 <--- Beat that :)
Word

Post by Word »

Come off your high horse, Titan. I don't care about that now. I want this discussion because there's a reason for it.
(And what freako said - we still have 2 worms to kill, not just one. by the time we've found the second, if the scanner is alive then, we're most likely going to lose)

I can't help thinking this reasoning alone is a reason to vote for you now.
Last edited by Word on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

:( I've played this game hundreds of times, and been in this exact situation in a large percentage of those games. The odds for both finding a guilty report and making a lucky guess will be better tomorrow, and the stakes will be the same (if we're wrong we lose, if we're right we most likely win).

Word, I'm sorry for my behaviour towards you but you're making it harder than it should be. A kill today is not the way to go.
Word

Post by Word »

Then you know that if we do nothing, we'll lose just as well. Now please, who else do you all suspect (don't vote yet, just say it please - you don't have to explain why but you can)? Titan, this could save you for this round. I also encourage you to go back a few posts because you'll find a couple of interesting edits here and there which point at someone other than Titan (not saying this has/hasn't got anything to do with the scanner's knowledge). All I say is "time stamps" ;)

Again, I can't say something because it doesn't help us to find the worms and it would get the scanner killed next.
freako
Core Dumper

Post by freako »

1. I'm pretty sure Word is not a worm.
2. I'm pretty sure I'm not a worm.

So I got a 50% chance of voting off a worm tonight....

I have honestly no clue who to vote for though.
Crazy Tron Addict since : October 2002 <--- Beat that :)
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

I'll do my best to explain it better.

Today
The scanner knows that he's innocent.
He has either 0, 1 or 2 cleared innocent programs that are still alive, depending on whether he investigated insa/Ai/potter the first night and INW last night.
  • With 0 clears, 2/5 or 40%
  • With 1 clear, 2/4 or 50%.
  • With 2 clears, 2/3 or 67%.
Tomorrow
If the scanner dies, he'll let us know who's clear through his farewell post, and our chances are:
  • With 0 clears, 2/4 or 50%
  • With 1 clear, 2/3 or 67%.
  • With 2 clears, 2/2 or 100%. Autowin.
If the scanner survives, that's great and our chances are even better than the ones listed above.

Today we can afford not to kill, but if we kill the wrong person we lose.
Tomorrow, we'll have to kill somebody and if we kill the wrong person we lose.

freako, the odds aren't better today, and your argument is invalid (because a worm could just as easily use it). You should vote for no one. We all should.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

I'm not the GM, but usually, passing on information in farewell posts or other post-mortem communications is not allowed. The farewell posts are allowed purely for role playing purposes.

*hurk* goodbye, cruel world! *dies*
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

What Z-Man said. Don't reveal anything once you are dead.
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

Well word isn't a worm. I don't think freako nor titan are worms. I think it's over and bloods.

Word if you know who the scanner is then thats 2/6. If you scanned a regular program last night then that's 3/6. Word since you voted to kill titan then that means you didn't scan him but by the way he is playing I am guessing that he is a program which would mean 4/6. there is 3 people you don't know out of me, over, bloods, titan and freako. Since you know the scanner eliminate that person. Since someone was scanned last night eliminate that person. That leaves 3 people if I wasn't scanned last night I can guarantee you I am not a worm which would leave 2 people now word pick one of the 2 and vote. I will follow your vote.
Word

Post by Word »

I'll reply in a few hours when I'm back home, I hope bloods and over have posted here too by then. I asked someone for permission to reveal something which could help but it means that one of us will be the next to die.