Anything About Anything...
Swampy
Core Dumper

Re: My wedding

Post by Swampy »

Congratulations Dave & Wife
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

nsh22 wrote:heh congrats (again). still a little suprised to seeyou in a church :D
Is it a church? You evidently had some sort of ceremony; what'd you do?

Good job, good date.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

We actually got married in an Episcopal Church.

Ok, now that you've picked your jaws off the floor, let me explain. :)

We were going to do a court wedding, but I wasn't really in a hurry to be in a court. At the same time we were getting the marriage license, I was making arrangements with the church next to my work to hold fencing classes. On a whim, I asked the reverend if she would be willing to do a non-religious wedding, and she readily agreed.

What got me talking to the reverend in the first place was that I needed a large room suitable for a fencing class to start a fencing club that operates as a non-profit community service sort of club, making a church an ideal candidate for such a thing. This particular Episcopal church, when the Episcopals split over gay marriage, voted to stay in the main body that supports gay marriage, making them already somewhat kindred spirits.

It was a very small wedding. The only family that was there is my stepdaughter, or rather became my stepdaughter during the ceremony. :) The two legally required witnesses were a fencing club member and his girlfriend. Of course, the reverend was there, too, because she performed the ceremony.

She did it extemporaneously, and she was wonderful. There was a whole lot of improvising, and because it was so small, we didn't have to perform for anybody, so we got a wedding that was all about us.

It was awesome. :) Best wedding I've ever been in (and I've been in others besides my first wedding).

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
teen
Round Winner

Post by teen »

congratulations !
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Lucifer wrote:She did it extemporaneously, and she was wonderful. There was a whole lot of improvising, and because it was so small, we didn't have to perform for anybody, so we got a wedding that was all about us.
That's nice.
sinewav wrote:I saw! Very cool, congratulations.
A friend of mine got married on the same day.
Lots of love in the air.
One of my little sisters got a proposal (and accepted) just last week, as it happens.
sunny
Core Dumper

Post by sunny »

congratulations!!!! I wish you both all the best in your life =)

lovely pics on facebook! =)