stolen snowboard advice

Anything About Anything...
raph
Average Program

stolen snowboard advice

Post by raph »

So I was out snowboarding last night, went inside for a little break and when I went back out my snowboard wasn't there. I lock up my snowboard every time I leave it somewhere and we aren't allowed to bring snowboards into the lodges. I mean, what more can I do as a customer to make sure my snowboard is safe? So I was wondering if any of you guys would have any advice or know of anything I could.
Last edited by raph on Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Re: advice, legalness maybe?

Post by Slov »

you're probably never getting that board back.. even if you call police they can't do anything.. (imo)
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
raph
Average Program

Re: stolen snowboard advice

Post by raph »

Ya not the board but maybe the money for one from the mountain?
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

Did they cut the lock or something?

The same thing happened to a buddy of mine when we went to Whistler, but there isn't much you can do. At the very least they'll probably give you a free weekend pass or some shit for the inconvenience.
Boxed
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

Check the contract you got from the ski resort—It should be on the back of your ticket/ski-pass. It likely says they are not responsible for lost or stolen property. You should still file a police report, but it's unlikely anything will develop from that.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Make sure your board has a personalized, extremely ugly paint job so potential thieves will pass it up. That used to work for skateboards back in the day.

Also, GPS chip inside the board would help.
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

^ what they said

just go there be real mad and ask what they can do

my mixtape fire tho
raph
Average Program

Post by raph »

dlh wrote:Check the contract you got from the ski resort—It should be on the back of your ticket/ski-pass. It likely says they are not responsible for lost or stolen property. You should still file a police report, but it's unlikely anything will develop from that.
It actually doesn't say anything on the "contract" about property being. It talks about injury and such but I can't seem to find anything about person items.
sinewav wrote:Make sure your board has a personalized, extremely ugly paint job so potential thieves will pass it up. That used to work for skateboards back in the day.

Also, GPS chip inside the board would help.
My friend's board was right next to mine without even a lock on it. Only difference is it was in worse condition and a worse board. Ugly paint would probably do it but I couldn't do that to my board. And you're right, a GPS chip would help...but...uh...ya
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

Couple things actually.

Call the police, make a police report(sometimes you'll get lucky and get a power hungry cop and he actually investigates the scene & question side lookers lol)
Get in touch with the manager and see what develops from there.
Ask for a refund and never return.

Also I find it hard to believe that , leaving the snowboard outside was your only option. I guess next time you'll take extra precaution. Sucked that it happened.
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

Cody wrote: Call the police, make a police report(sometimes you'll get lucky and get a power hungry cop and he actually investigates the scene & question side lookers lol)
How does being power hungry and actually doing an investigation have anything to do with each other?
raph
Average Program

Post by raph »

Because if hes power hungry he is eager to find someone he can enforce his authority over like someone who stole a snowboard. And ya, I called the general manager and left a message so we'll see what develops from that.
Really it was my only option though. And I took the extra precaution of locking it up when probably 80% of people don't. I guess I could just never take a break to go inside or put my snowboard in a place where I can see it at all times, but that's pretty damn inconvenient although worth it.
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

Are you watching the winter x games?
raph
Average Program

Post by raph »

Of course man. Cept I have a snowboarding competition this weekend so idk how much I'll be able to watch then...
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

lmaoo :mrgreen:

my mixtape fire tho