Osama is dead now.

Anything About Anything...
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: Osama is dead now.

Post by Z-Man »

Phytotron wrote:Z-Man, I don't know where Der Spiegel is getting that. Everything I'm reading in the US and UK says Pakistani officials and military were clueless to the raid. Pakistan's foreign minister, included.
From earlier Pakistani press releases and statements, I presume. They may have been made without full information, filling in blanks, right at the source, just like the reports that Bin Laden was using his wife as human shield and holding a gun when he was killed. Odd anyway, especially that I haven't read an updated correction on that site. Your link is kind of vague on the subject, by the way, this is a little better.
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

Psh, Europe would've handled this better.

EU! EU! EU!
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

More mindless chauvinism.

Z-Man, there are two questions: (1) Did Pakistan have foreknowledge of bin Laden's whereabouts? (2) Did Pakistan have foreknowledge of the US raid on the compound?

We are discussing the latter question, right? In which case, like everything else I've been reading, your latest link states, "Such was the American distrust of the notoriously leaky Pakistan government that it did not even inform it of the raid in its own territory until after US helicopters had cleared Pakistani airspace."
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Yes, you're correct. And that content is why I posted the link, the one you provided just was about Pakistan being a bit miffed, but had not much details on why.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Now that some more details about the circumstances of OBL's death have surfaced, parts of this discussion look a little awkward, and it says a lot about the time we live in...