MB's Music Mix

Anything About Anything...
Post Reply
User avatar
theroze
Match Winner
Posts: 596
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:30 am
Location: 47 72 69 64

Re: MB's Music Mix

Post by theroze »

I...want..it. Now.

Oh well, you know, I will just go make my own mix, rename it to "super awesomeness by MB53" and go like "fus ro dah". o.o
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011

User avatar
matchbox53
Round Winner
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:18 pm

Re: MB's Music Mix

Post by matchbox53 »

theroze wrote:I...want..it. Now.

Oh well, you know, I will just go make my own mix, rename it to "super awesomeness by MB53" and go like "fus ro dah". o.o

:D:D:D

User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6303
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: MB's Music Mix

Post by sinewav »

matchbox53 wrote:@sine the reason why i am not able to blend the beats as perfectly as it can due to the variety of the genres .I dont like sticking to 1 genre :P
:roll: Give me a break man. Every one of the mixes I heard from you feature music in 4/4 at similar tempos. Genre has nothing to do with it. In fact, genre mixing is exactly what's expected from a DJ. All the best mash-ups are genre stitched.

You're not fooling me. Don't you use Traktor or Ableton to make this stuff?

User avatar
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 1021
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: Germany/Munich
Contact:

Re: MB's Music Mix

Post by AI-team »

sinewav wrote::P Ever going to learn to beat-match?
Exactly what I was thinking :)

You should also make the transition way longer, like ~25 seconds. Right now they are 5-10, which is too less :P

Apart from that it's a nice mix, but you know I'm more into that banging stuff :P
  
 
"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln
 
 

User avatar
matchbox53
Round Winner
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:18 pm

Re: MB's Music Mix

Post by matchbox53 »

sinewav wrote:
matchbox53 wrote:@sine the reason why i am not able to blend the beats as perfectly as it can due to the variety of the genres .I dont like sticking to 1 genre :P
:roll: Give me a break man. Every one of the mixes I heard from you feature music in 4/4 at similar tempos. Genre has nothing to do with it. In fact, genre mixing is exactly what's expected from a DJ. All the best mash-ups are genre stitched.

You're not fooling me. Don't you use Traktor or Ableton to make this stuff?

Why would i want to fool anyone ? most djs play the bpms or close to which also implies the same genres and since the past 3 mixes i try blending the tunes in different forms maybe we disagree on how it is done, i guess i will try something else this time .Perhaps i am not perfect in that . My whole intention is not to become a dj . Just to make people listen to good music .

As for using traktor or ableton thats probably if i want to become a producer , I use MixMeister Fusion to do my mixes .


@Ai This mix was made to cover various genres i am sure you liked some but not all.

User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6303
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: MB's Music Mix

Post by sinewav »

matchbox53 wrote:My whole intention is not to become a dj . Just to make people listen to good music .
But that's what a DJ does -- introduce people to good music. "Some" DJ's beat-match, other don't. But the ones who don't, also don't mix songs together for longer than a simple cross-fade of less than a few seconds or so. It's about the listener experience. It's one thing to mix the trailing end of a song with the beginning of another. It's another thing to mix the length of two songs together to create a "new" track. But what you do amounts to a train-wreck that draws attention away from the music. Of course, if mismatched beats and disharmony are part of your art, then I guess I missed the point and I'm sorry.

I'd rather you took the above comments as constructive criticism and not a bash on your mixes. You've got descent track selections. And MixMeister Fusion has automatic beat-matching / time stretching built in. Why not use it?


Disclaimer: I didn't listen to the very last mix you posted because I got tired of the bad mixing on all the previous ones.


EDIT: You don't need to be a producer to use Ableton. I used it to make this mix (coincidentally, all songs I wrote).

User avatar
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 1021
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: Germany/Munich
Contact:

Re: MB's Music Mix

Post by AI-team »

matchbox53 wrote:@Ai This mix was made to cover various genres i am sure you liked some but not all.
Exactly!
  
 
"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln
 
 

User avatar
Slov
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 934
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 12:32 pm

Re: MB's Music Mix

Post by Slov »

lol sine being an asshole...

I don't even listen to this genre but I like listening to it from time to time, depends on the mood. good job mb53
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho

User avatar
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:31 pm
Location: Probably golfing

Re: MB's Music Mix

Post by Desolate »

I did hear one fade like sine had said, but I do really like the music selection and the time that went into finding all the tracks. Good job mb

User avatar
matchbox53
Round Winner
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:18 pm

Re: MB's Music Mix

Post by matchbox53 »

sinewav wrote:
matchbox53 wrote:My whole intention is not to become a dj . Just to make people listen to good music .
But that's what a DJ does -- introduce people to good music. "Some" DJ's beat-match, other don't. But the ones who don't, also don't mix songs together for longer than a simple cross-fade of less than a few seconds or so. It's about the listener experience. It's one thing to mix the trailing end of a song with the beginning of another. It's another thing to mix the length of two songs together to create a "new" track. But what you do amounts to a train-wreck that draws attention away from the music. Of course, if mismatched beats and disharmony are part of your art, then I guess I missed the point and I'm sorry.
No it is not . I tried blending them more but its not easy to find good tunes and mix them well together as i am still spending time in doing that if you try listening to my latest mixes you would notice it is slowly fading .
sinewav wrote: I'd rather you took the above comments as constructive criticism and not a bash on your mixes. You've got descent track selections. And MixMeister Fusion has automatic beat-matching / time stretching built in. Why not use it?
I really take you as proffesional person and not as someone who just wants to talk non-sense. I thank you for your feedback and i hope you never stop until iam perfect :) . As for MixMeister Fusion it does have an automatic beat matching if you are going to use the same bpms but nonetheless i will start working on how to mix with the Pro version of it as it is has more tools and probably be interesting to try them out.
sinewav wrote: Disclaimer: I didn't listen to the very last mix you posted because I got tired of the bad mixing on all the previous ones.
Check my latest mix out and see for yourself :)
sinewav wrote:
EDIT: You don't need to be a producer to use Ableton. I used it to make this mix (coincidentally, all songs I wrote).

Ableton is used by both DJs and Producers but more producers prefer it than DJs due to the tools it has . I have tried Traktor before it seemed sophisticated. So i have heard of MixMeister and thats me using it , because its simpler on how to add the tracks and another things.

I am Happy you liked the tracks because i spent ages and alot of time searching for them.

@Slov Thanks :)

@Deso i am happy you liked it lol

User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6303
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: MB's Music Mix

Post by sinewav »

Slov wrote:lol sine being an asshole...
lol slov being a dumbass... (typical)

MB53: I decided to go listen to your most recent mix and I'll say that the "mixing" is much better than your previous ones. Since you're already making "mixes" of music that's written to be "mixed," you might as well take the next step and beat-match (like I said, it's automatic on most software now) and tighten up those cross-fades!

Maybe you can start a thread name "The MB53 Experience" and I can teach you to mix like I'm teaching Clutch how to record on his thread, haha.

User avatar
matchbox53
Round Winner
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:18 pm

Re: MB's Music Mix

Post by matchbox53 »

sinewav wrote:
Slov wrote:lol sine being an asshole...
lol slov being a dumbass... (typical)

MB53: I decided to go listen to your most recent mix and I'll say that the "mixing" is much better than your previous ones. Since you're already making "mixes" of music that's written to be "mixed," you might as well take the next step and beat-match (like I said, it's automatic on most software now) and tighten up those cross-fades!

Maybe you can start a thread name "The MB53 Experience" and I can teach you to mix like I'm teaching Clutch how to record on his thread, haha.


I will think about it but for the time being i wont be doing anything there are other matters i have to attend . Thanks dude!!! :D

User avatar
matchbox53
Round Winner
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:18 pm

Re: MB's Music Mix

Post by matchbox53 »

New Mix although the date isnt precise but i had to wait for sometime to upload it enjoy http://soundcloud.com/mb53/mb53-mixdown-11-01-2012

User avatar
matchbox53
Round Winner
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:18 pm

Re: MB's Music Mix

Post by matchbox53 »

Alright a progressive house mix selected tracks from 2002 - 2009 enjoy : http://soundcloud.com/mb53/mb53-mixdown-2002-2009-2

User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6303
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: MB's Music Mix

Post by sinewav »

It's the best one yet, in terms of track selection, continuity, and mixing.

Post Reply