Questions ? (Has nothing to do with tron xD sowwie)

Anything About Anything...
MusicMeg21
On Lightcycle Grid

Questions ? (Has nothing to do with tron xD sowwie)

Post by MusicMeg21 »

Hey... I was just wanted your opinions ?

This question is completely cliché and I'm still gonna ask it...

What do you think the meaning of life is ?!?!? (I've been thinking about this question a lot lately... and honestly, I don't even think there's a point to life ? What are your views?)

Also,

What do you know about dreams ? How your mind works with them... is it a sign of anything ? etc... (I never am able to interpret my dreams because they never make sense to me... I've never actually had a dream that was plausible in life... What about you all ? What do you know about the dream state ?)

Hopefully someone will reply ? :o
chah
Core Dumper

Re: Questions ? (Has nothing to do with tron xD sowwie)

Post by chah »

if you don't believe in any greater force/higher power whatever, i'd like to the say the meaning of YOUR life isn't something you discover, it's something you create, and by the time you get old you acknowledge it (?)

and i haven't had a dream in forever, or at least one i can remember.
Don't hate the player, hate the entire clan.
MusicMeg21
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by MusicMeg21 »

chah wrote:if you don't believe in any greater force/higher power whatever, i'd like to the say the meaning of YOUR life isn't something you discover, it's something you create, and by the time you get old you acknowledge it (?).
Hmm... I get that I guess... I, personally, am an atheist... But I don't seem to really understand... We spend the majority of our lives working hard and trying to please others, no ? That's what I believe... But for what... It's inevitable that we're going to die... (Sorry, that's a downer and whatnot... but the truth :/) I know I get extremely stressed out with school and trying to please my mom all the time... But I sometimes just want to quit everything, because in the end... You'll kind of just lose everything... again, not a happy thought... but yeah... Sooo... I guess another question is, What's the point in trying ?
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

**** bitches, get money.

Jk, I agree with what Concord told me when I asked this, that being the pursuit of happiness. Why live if your not happy doing it

-edit-

don't worry about being not arma related (as long as your not like ffixxitt) I make music topics like every other week and I still haven't got the banhammer :wink:

Yet.
Boxed
chah
Core Dumper

Post by chah »

MusicMeg21 wrote:It's inevitable that we're going to die... (Sorry, that's a downer and whatnot... but the truth
there's no reason to be afraid of death, i know i'm not, since i don't think i'll really feel the difference, and as far as leaving others behind. Well, who's to say they really exist past your life since everything that surrounds us is really just a creation of the human mind isn't it?

i'd answer the rest of your post but i'm tired and am still thinking all this stuff out myself...
but i'll leave you with some good lifepondering music :DD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnLb5GETOMA
Don't hate the player, hate the entire clan.
chrisd
Round Winner

Post by chrisd »

The point of life is to learn and to acquire wisdom!
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

Clutch wrote:(as long as your not like ffixxitt)
am I the only one that sees it? :P
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

I'm surprised no one's said this yet...

:)
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

gah you beat me to it Tank!
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

MusicMeg21
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by MusicMeg21 »

chrisd wrote:The point of life is to learn and to acquire wisdom!
Yes... I guess that can be true... However, we end up losing all of the 'wisdom and knowledge' once we're dead ? I think ?
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

People dream during REM sleep, which is the phase in sleep which your eyes blink rapidly.

People spend about 1/4 of their time asleep in REM, but it occurs after the other 3 stages of sleep. However theres a lot of differences between people, so you can have dreamsleep even if you only nap for a short period of time, etc.

Its also said that people have upwards of 10 individual dreams per night, but you can't remmeber them unless you train yourself to do so (something I'm vaguely interested in trying out, might post the results on this forum).

Theories on why people dream: can be an unloading mechanism, can be a memory mechanism, can be an organising mechanism. People generally dream in relation to their days activities.

Any stuff about dreams actually having meaning is pretty much a load of s*** and it makes me wonder why people discredit religion so much when they believe in the paranormal, when there's less proof for it than many religions.
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

MusicMeg21 wrote:
Yes... I guess that can be true... However, we end up losing all of the 'wisdom and knowledge' once we're dead ? I think ?
Stop. Hammertime.

chrisd has it right on. The knowledge/wisdom/experience we gain isn't lost when we die because we have highly developed means to pass that on to future generations, and not strictly through language either. Everything you do Meg, even posting on this forum, changes the shape of the human experience. You are inseparable from it, and even in death you continue to make changes to those around you.

Here is a very interesting TED Talk (David Christian: Big History). Maybe it will help you realize that the point of life is that all the points are people, and when connected they form a picture greater than the sum of it's parts.
MusicMeg21
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by MusicMeg21 »

syllabear wrote:Its also said that people have upwards of 10 individual dreams per night, but you can't remmeber them unless you train yourself to do so (something I'm vaguely interested in trying out, might post the results on this forum)
How exactly do you 'train' yourself to do that !? Also, please if you do try ! Post the results here ! I always try to remember my dreams and I do for half the day I guess (Only sometimes) but something in the day always ends up reminding me what my dream was about, thus making me remember it xD

But tell me if you do it and post what happens :D
MusicMeg21
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by MusicMeg21 »

sinewav wrote:
MusicMeg21 wrote:
Stop. Hammertime.

chrisd has it right on. The knowledge/wisdom/experience we gain isn't lost when we die because we have highly developed means to pass that on to future generations, and not strictly through language either. Everything you do Meg, even posting on this forum, changes the shape of the human experience. You are inseparable from it, and even in death you continue to make changes to those around you.

Here is a very interesting TED Talk (David Christian: Big History). Maybe it will help you realize that the point of life is that all the points are people, and when connected they form a picture greater than the sum of it's parts.
Okay, so I will look at the link when I get back home cause I'm about to leave... But (another depressing thing) isn't this world going to end ? Eventually it will have to.. don't you think ? I do believe that every action you take changes something... even bumping into a stranger on the street... if it never happened everything could have been altered... The future generations will gain a lot from us.. I guess ? And how do you change those around you, (after death) besides some of them sobbing and others celebrating ?