Black Ops

Anything About Anything...
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Black Ops

Post by Slov »

Since I know a lot of you guys play this game and I'm too lazy to make an acc on their forum I decided to post here..

I'm thinking about starting playing this game with couple of friends and since I'm on a Mac I have few questions:

- I found a Mac version torrent (haven't started downloading yet). I would buy the game but there's no "legal" version for Mac on sale. I want to play on multiplayer - what do I have to do? Is there like aactivation numbers code on the CD when you buy the game or something like that?

- I know there's a way to play on cracked servers, but is there any life on those servers?

I'd need some guidance, step by step here! :P thx alot <3
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Black Ops

Post by Hoax »

Going to be a lot of effort for not enough fun
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

If there's no legal version for the Mac, there also isn't any illegal version. That torrent is either fake or simply the Windows version pre-adapted to bootcamp at best.

Plus, don't pirate games. Human beings work hard to make them and need to eat something. If you don't want to support certain developers or CEOs, simply neither play nor buy their games.
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

Actually, people package up pirated Windows version in Cider that will run on Mac OS X. Cider is a tool game developers use to easily port games to OS X. It's like WINE, but more geared towards games.
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

Well, there's a lot of games on internet for Mac that work very well, but there aren't any official releases (like NBA 2k11). And I would simply buy the game, but there aren't any..

If there's the "activation code" inside of every game, I'll buy it, play the downloaded one and just use the code :wink:

my mixtape fire tho
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Slov wrote:Well, there's a lot of games on internet for Mac...
Wait, there are games for Macintosh?
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Plus, don't pirate songs. Human beings work hard to make them and need to eat something. If you don't want to support certain corporate labels or CEOs, simply neither play nor buy their music.
sinewav wrote:
Slov wrote:Well, there's a lot of games on internet for Mac...
Wait, there are games for Macintosh?
Bunch of cool free ones, even.
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

Yeah, lately there's been a lot of games on internet, I spotted Assassin's Creed, GTA IV etc. :P But Macs don't have graphic cards made for gaming, so I can't play most of them :(

my mixtape fire tho
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

dlh wrote:Actually, people package up pirated Windows version in Cider that will run on Mac OS X. Cider is a tool game developers use to easily port games to OS X. It's like WINE, but more geared towards games.
Ah. Well, then I guess it's morally acceptable to download the bootleg to see how well it runs for you, throw it out if it doesn't and buy the game if it does.
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

haha :D well my opinion on this is that games like Black Ops are so popular that the makers won't see a difference if I buy it or not - but if smaller community games like Armagetron was for sale, I'd buy it. Same goes for music, if there was an underground musician that I really liked, I'd spent my money on his work..

my mixtape fire tho
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

So, by the same logic, stealing from big banks is fine because they hardly feel the difference, plus insurance covers it anyway?
Well, both are wrong. They don't feel the individual loss, but it accumulates and gets distributed to the honest customers one way or the other. If you want to play, pay. Get it used, wait for deals or rent it if it's not worth getting at full price.
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

Don't bother, get COD4 instead
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

cod4 on pc is amazing

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

For the record, in the above I was referring to legally free games (if that wasn't obvious from the preceding context in the same post regarding music piracy). And of course many of those, though not all, are available for other OS's as well.
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

Plus, don't pirate songs. Human beings work hard to make them and need to eat something. If you don't want to support certain corporate labels or CEOs, simply neither play nor buy their music.
Yes, please don't do that or recording artists will be doomed to a life of only semi luxury. Won't someone think of the poor artists?!