Underage drinking? WHAAAAAAAA?

Anything About Anything...
Lord Pein
Round Winner

Underage drinking? WHAAAAAAAA?

Post by Lord Pein »

What are your thoughts on drinking ages (where you live and in other places), underage drinking, and drinking in general?
http://i52.tinypic.com/11ipyet.png
Thursday July 22nd 2010: Airman's team beat Lizmatic's team in fortress.
DDMJ wrote:Good idea...but what if the arma player is Luke-jr :?
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Underage drinking? WHAAAAAAAA?

Post by Slov »

nothing wrong if you keep it on normal level!
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
Olive
Match Winner

Post by Olive »

21 is far too high imo.

better start younger and less extreme,
put a dog on a leash, when u release him, he runs away.

first real hangover on my 14th, been more careful since.
Olive a.k.a ZeMu, MoonFlower & chicken.
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

Germans can drink at 16!
I believe alcohol should be banned over many drugs. Its effect cause so many problems while some drugs don't but are illegal.
Cosmic Dolphin
Round Winner

Post by Cosmic Dolphin »

Yes, but alcohol does indeed have some health benefits (as compared to say, cigarettes or marijuana). After one of my close relatives had a massive heart attack, they told her to start drinking a single glass of wine a day. Now, note, a single glass would be in moderation. In the United States, people seem to think the only reason to drink is to get drunk. So, it becomes a real problem. But, if people could control themselves, we wouldn't have much of a problem in the first place.
" Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
-Plato
Ok, but why did I add this signature? I was like 15 and thought I was smart? What a brat.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Umm. I guess this steps a bit beyond the limits of 'family forums'. The limit on the side with the jagged rock canyon. Where the cacti grow. And the mountain lions roam. Be careful.
(Yes, discussing grown men/women smoking substances that are illegal in most countries is not as bad as kids binge drinking. Neither is good, but adults are supposed to be able to be responsible for themselves.)
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

How can you say marijuana has no health benefits why do you think they have medical marijuana? The only bad thing about marijuana (if you consume it rather than smoking it) is it kills braincells but when you think about it almost everything you do kills braincells.
nsh22
Round Winner

Post by nsh22 »

LucK wrote:How can you say marijuana has no health benefits why do you think they have medical marijuana? The only bad thing about marijuana (if you consume it rather than smoking it) is it kills braincells but when you think about it almost everything you do kills braincells.
because most ppl who are prescribed it are terminally ill anyways, its to make them comfortable in their final months
Lucifer wrote:I think you got the wrong thread, this thread is the one where we're debating banning sinewav and dubStep until they have a threesome with dubbie's mother.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

nsh22 wrote:because most ppl who are prescribed it are terminally ill anyways, its to make them comfortable in their final months
Actually, I know almost a dozen people who are perfectly healthy and have prescriptions.
Lord Pein
Round Winner

Post by Lord Pein »

Z-Man wrote:Umm. I guess this steps a bit beyond the limits of 'family forums'. The limit on the side with the jagged rock canyon. Where the cacti grow. And the mountain lions roam. Be careful.
(Yes, discussing grown men/women smoking substances that are illegal in most countries is not as bad as kids binge drinking. Neither is good, but adults are supposed to be able to be responsible for themselves.)
I would argue that doomsday discussion >= this topic in relation to the limits of family forums.

The reason I brough this up is because my roommate, his girlfriend, and one of his friends were drinkin in our room last night. None of them are 21, and they were keeping it under control (I think they just had a few beers each (wasn't paying much attention to them because they were not annoying me and I was playing Halo Reach)). I am not 100% OK with underage drinking (mostly just because it's against the law (even though I think it may be a bit ridiculous)). Technically, I should have called public safety (campus security), and had them do something about it; but I understand that if I called public safety on everyone I knew that was drinking on campus (underage), they would just find a place to go off campus and drink. Off campus means driving, and driving does not always mean a DD (designated driver).

I would much rather have students drinking in their residence halls (even if they drink just to get drunk) and be safe than going off campus and potentially causing an accident.
http://i52.tinypic.com/11ipyet.png
Thursday July 22nd 2010: Airman's team beat Lizmatic's team in fortress.
DDMJ wrote:Good idea...but what if the arma player is Luke-jr :?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Lord Pein wrote:I would argue that doomsday discussion >= this topic in relation to the limits of family forums.
I disagree, because the overwhelming majority of serious posts there was along the lines of "don't be silly, there is no doomsday". Promoting mindless panic, now that would be a reason to moderate.

And yeah, the legal drinking age for soft alcoholic drinks (whine, beer) is 16 and 18 for the harder stuff. And it's really not the 'drinking' age, it's the 'buy freely in shops' age. Drinking in private or when parents are around is unregulated. Works quite well. Adolescents get legally used to responsible alcohol consumption, or at least get the chance to do so. I myself was allowed to drink cider (very low alcohol content, 2%, impossible to get drunk from) basically since I entered school.
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

You can try and stop us, but us hooligan teenagers will always find a way to do the unthinkable act of drinking an alchoholic beverage (gasp!) once and awhile, after which we will probably go and write graffiti and smash things.

Seriously though, it's not a big deal :/. Rarely have I been at a party where we've gotten drunk and done any damage to other peoples shit. (Well, except accidentally to various furniture.) It's just a way of having fun. :/
Boxed
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

Its not so fun when its only one glass, and when you aren't with friends. My parents occasionally give me a something, like Sangria or Irish Cream, once my grandparents give me a Mimosa for brunch. Its not that exciting when you aren't being defiant. Just saying..
chah
Core Dumper

Post by chah »

if you drink beer "According to Jim" style

you're doing it wrong...or right?
Don't hate the player, hate the entire clan.
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

haha according to jim style
beer in hand all the time but never drink it?
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho