Do you have a xBox 360 and Black ops!

Anything About Anything...
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Do you have a xBox 360 and Black ops!

Post by AI-team »

This perk is just hyper-mega-lame because it gives you a second chance, which you don't deserve if you have been killed already.
In other words it's just unfair.
When I see a < lvl 20 player using it, I can understand it because this might be their first FPS and they have to get to know anything,
but if somebody above level 20 has to use it, it shows me that they don't have the skills to get kills the way you're supposed to get them.

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

That you complain about it shows me that you just don't have the skill to deal with it. You still have to aim and hit the enemy in Last Stand, right? And you go down slightly earlier than without it? And you have to sacrifice another perk for it? Sounds fair enough for me.

I don't really play these modern FPSes. Players go down far too quickly, you don't get the ballets of death like you did in, say, Quake 2 Rocket Arena. Weapons are more boring, too. Realistic maps are cluttered with stuff like vegetation. They're not shooters, they're First Person Spotters. I blame the rise of clientside "see him and you can shoot him" hit detection netcode. And why do they all have to be RPGs (in multiplayer; singleplayer is fine) nowadays, forcing me to grind to get better equipment? Isn't it enough that I have to practice to get more skilled? I don't mind the other changes to the genre (automatic healing, limited loadout, reloading, iron sights), but those two things really drive me away.
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

Z-Man wrote:That you complain about it shows me that you just don't have the skill to deal with it. You still have to aim and hit the enemy in Last Stand, right? And you go down slightly earlier than without it? And you have to sacrifice another perk for it? Sounds fair enough for me.
Let's play once and then you'll change your mind. I can easily handle Last Stand players. Actually I'm usually #1 in my team ( I mostly play Prestige TDM ), so saying that I don't like it because it I can't deal with it, is pure bullshit.

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

ItzAcid
Match Winner

Post by ItzAcid »

Z-man, I'm guessing you like the Halo games since they're less of a first person spotter? Halo is ftw haha.
I like the fpspotter occasionally because it's more simple and easier to be good at :X. Laziness for teh win, and Phytotron, if you're looking for innovation, mirrors edge might be a really cool game. And what's your xbl gamertag liz?

(Nevermind my suggestion, forgot you don't own an xbox 360 xD)
Won Tourneys/Competitions: WWG4 (Hmm, need more braggage like Durka)

Oo oO
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

AI: No. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'll hate it, but it would not be conclusive evidence because I'll hate the whole game, for reasons stated above. Plus, I'm kind of trying to avoid feeding Activision.

Acid: I haven't actually tried the new ones, I also don't like shooters locked to 30 FPS. And prefer PC shooters. Apart from that, CE is quite good. And Reach has jetpacks, can't argue with that.
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

Think of it like this Acid. In the words of sxephil: "If you got to choose between having a huge dick and a small dick, which would you choose? A little dick because it takes more skill?"
Boxed
Tobe
Round Winner

Post by Tobe »

My thoughts on hated perks throughout CoD 4 and up:

Jauggernaut: there is no reason to hate this perk, especially if you are using Stopping Power. Why should your bullets get a damage boost and be fair but a slight defense boost not?

Martyrdom: I don't understand how this would even be a problem in any other gamemode except HeadQuarters or Hardcore gametypes, unless you tend to stand still in a corner.

Last Stand/Second Chance: if you just got a headshot, there's no last stand for that person. Also, it takes like 1 bullet of anything, or just being hit by a blast of a lowly stun grenade to kill someone in last stand.

And about realistic gameplay: this has to be the realest FPS out there when you play Hardcore. I just don't like the spawn time in Hardcore gametypes because I'm a "run & gunner" and the wait time to get back in the game is annoying.

EDIT: oh yea and I have a PS3, but I've played CoD4 through CoDBO on xBox 360 as well.
<-- Proud co-leader of Rogue Tronners
ItzAcid
Match Winner

Post by ItzAcid »

lOl @ Boxed. Makes sense, Z. Jetpacks are a pretty neat perk of the new one haha.

Have an xbl gamertag Tobe?

Oo oO
Tobe
Round Winner

Post by Tobe »

Well I do have a GT, but I don't own a 360 anymore (1 red ringed).
<-- Proud co-leader of Rogue Tronners
theroze
Match Winner

Post by theroze »

Z-Man wrote: Apart from that, CE is quite good. And Reach has jetpacks, can't argue with that.
Haha. I think the reason why some people (not only you) prefer Halo is that it's way more colorized, heh.
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

acid i'll add you once i ever get on xbl again, i know yours because it used to be in your msn name a lot

anyways i don't get why people hate some of the perks, it's not like it's an unfair advantage because you yourself are free to use it

i don't use last stand though :x i'm simply not good with it
ItzAcid
Match Winner

Post by ItzAcid »

Alrighty sounds good, and yeah, i'm freaking awful with it. Warlord Pro, Hardline Pro, and any third option Pro is teh domin8.

Oo oO
nsh22
Round Winner

Post by nsh22 »

psn: grenadechef

i use Hardline pro, warlord pro and switch between marathon and hacker (liking hacker a lot lately
Lucifer wrote:I think you got the wrong thread, this thread is the one where we're debating banning sinewav and dubStep until they have a threesome with dubbie's mother.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

theroze wrote:
Z-Man wrote: Apart from that, CE is quite good. And Reach has jetpacks, can't argue with that.
Haha. I think the reason why some people (not only you) prefer Halo is that it's way more colorized, heh.
Psshaw. Rocket: Robot on Wheels totally outdoes Halo in that department. Hell, Halo is barely more colorful than the original Doom. Drab, boring grey and beige interiors, anyone?

Video games should be colorful. They're video games! (Unless someone wants to make some in B&W or duotone or something, which could be cool.)
F0RC3
Core Dumper

Post by F0RC3 »

1. its not that hard to kill people in last stand
2. Here are some ways to do so
  • Use explosives
    use tomahawks
    use a knife
    use shotguns
    get headshots more
    throw a flash grenade or a stun at em
    use a flamethrower
    direct impact with a grenade launcher
    snipe. so they dont have a second chance if they do, you can just laugh at them and get a free headshot.