Re: Exercise

Post by INW »

What is exercise?
I don't think most Americans know.
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

Favorite activities: hiking (Torrey Pines), racquetball, biking (Trek ftw), swimming and beach activities (but the Great Lakes > oceans). I go to the gym in my apartment complex to lift/cardio 3-5 times per week depending on the surgery schedule.

I also work out regularly with my girlfriend 8)

New Balance is a fantastic brand, but honestly, if the shoe fits, who cares... :D
Lord Pein
Round Winner

Post by Lord Pein »

INW wrote:What is exercise?
I don't think most Americans know.
No, it's just you. You also forgot to include your favorite brand of shoe.
apparition wrote:New Balance is a fantastic brand, but honestly, if the shoe fits, who cares... :D
I do.
http://i52.tinypic.com/11ipyet.png
Thursday July 22nd 2010: Airman's team beat Lizmatic's team in fortress.
DDMJ wrote:Good idea...but what if the arma player is Luke-jr :?
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

it's always been my observation that a large majority of armagetron players are physically active and many play competitive sports. it makes a lot of sense, the game is about movement.
Cosmic Dolphin
Round Winner

Post by Cosmic Dolphin »

My favorite exercise is aggressive inline skating, so I guess my fave shoe brand is Rollerblade TRS skates? Trying to learn some extreme running moves, just use some good old $7 starter shoes from Wal-Mart...
Lift some weights, low load (never more than 40 pounds), but high reps. 3-5 sets of 20 reps...
Last edited by Cosmic Dolphin on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
" Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
-Plato
Ok, but why did I add this signature? I was like 15 and thought I was smart? What a brat.
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

Atm, I play baseball on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and lift on Tuesdays and Thursdays (for baseball). I used to run a lot, but now it's only sometimes on weekends. Usually use asics shoes.
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

During my golf season, I walk 9 holes, and practice for a total of 6 hours. 9 Holes is around 2.75 miles on the courses I play (long walks). I do that 4 days a week (plus one 18 hole round). So I walk about 16.5 miles a week for 3 months. Over the summer, I walk 18 holes about 3 times a week, and use a cart another, So I roughly walk 18 miles. I do that in 90+(Fahrenheit) heat.

During the winter and spring, I only walk 5.5 miles a week, unless I have a tournament coming up, then I will get that up to around 11.

p.s. I am about to get my weekly exercise done now!

Not that you care, but I wear footjoys. http://www.austads.com/FootJoy-Mens-Dry ... 61/product
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

I don't work out lately other than walking places because I can't lose too much weight (90 pounds right now.) But I used to go to the gym 3 times a week.
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

I'm in football and lacrosse, and I usually go to the gym every other day. Preferred brand of shoe for working out is any real Nike High Tops. For just casual wear I like Vans Slip-ons.
Boxed
Lord Pein
Round Winner

Post by Lord Pein »

gawdzilla wrote:I don't work out lately other than walking places because I can't lose too much weight (90 pounds right now.) But I used to go to the gym 3 times a week.
So what is your favorite brand of shoes?
http://i52.tinypic.com/11ipyet.png
Thursday July 22nd 2010: Airman's team beat Lizmatic's team in fortress.
DDMJ wrote:Good idea...but what if the arma player is Luke-jr :?
Tobe
Round Winner

Post by Tobe »

I've gotten lazy this year, but last year I jogged 5 times a week for at least an hour and 30 minutes. I don't have a shoe preference, but what I used to use most is Nike Air Forces.
<-- Proud co-leader of Rogue Tronners
-*inS*-
Round Winner

Post by -*inS*- »

Swim just about everyday, don't really use shoes, put me down for flippers.
nsh22
Round Winner

Post by nsh22 »

im on my feet all day erryday (well most ofthe time)in a kitchen or walking to/from class/cooking lab.
fav brand: birkinstock professional chefs clog (A360 maybe?)
(although today i just noticed i have MASSive blisters on my feet for some reason.. been wearing these since september... but comfy as anything really.)
Lucifer wrote:I think you got the wrong thread, this thread is the one where we're debating banning sinewav and dubStep until they have a threesome with dubbie's mother.
chrisd
Round Winner

Post by chrisd »

When the weather gets a bit better (i.e., no longer freezing), I go running three times a week early in the morning.

I use Saucony shoes. No idea if that brand is any good.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

chrisd wrote:I use Saucony shoes. No idea if that brand is any good.
8) I wear those to look cool. I don't exercise in them though. I should try. They seem Ok for jogging and that's about all.