What sport is Football? And Hockey?

Anything About Anything...
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: What sport is Football? And Hockey?

Post by INW »

Phytotron wrote: Now, go pester someone else, boy. And not on this forum.
No matter what someone says about something, responding with disrespect is pestering, yourself.
You're the one pestering.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Boy, your initial comment was disrespectful, which is typical of you. Are you really this stupid and incapable of reflection? Or are you just playing more games? It's one or the other. Either way, stop it. You're young, but your act has gotten old. Go play with your blocks.

sinewav wrote:
Phytotron wrote:I'm not a hockey fan, but I thought it was neat when they digitally enveloped the puck in that red halo, complete with swoosh effect as it flew around, so people might follow it better.
I think it would be even better if Hockey was played in the dark, under black-lights, with lots of fluorescent objects. Like cosmic-bowling.
Well, wouldn't most things be better that way, really? (You know, unless and until you got a headache and nausea. I always do from that stuff.)
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

It isn't mine but your acts that have gotten old. I simply reply to a topic; it is your inability to refrain from clicking on that cute little link next to my post titled 'quote' that starts everything.

Stop.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Either irrational stupidity or hypocritical pot/kettle games.
Last edited by Phytotron on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paladin
Average Program

Post by Paladin »

I could be wrong, but I believe it was the price point that removed those pucks from use. They were a hefty initial investment, constantly had to be recharged, and every time one flew over the glass the arena staff had to hustle to reclaim the puck.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

Hmm. Welp, when in doubt (and you want quick, possibly-not-entirely-reliable information), look it up on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hockey_puck#Firepuck
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FoxTrax

"Despite rumors that FOX employees would sometimes go into the stands to retrieve a puck that left the playing area, the pucks were not re-usable. Like any other puck that left the ice, the FoxTrax pucks became souvenirs."

Seems complaints from Canadian purists and players killed it.

And apparently it was only red when it went over 70mph, which also produced the comet trail. But of course that's gonna be the most memorable bit. Heh, reminiscent of NBA Jam. "He's on fire!"
Paladin
Average Program

Post by Paladin »

Interesting. My "Uncle John's Bathroom Reader" appears to say the opposite. I suppose one unreliable source must be wrong. Also, it puts the price point for one of those pucks to be at about $50,000.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

I agree that Psy's and INW's comments weren't really in the spirit of enlightened conversation. Phytotron pretty much has it right there. Those comments would fall under a heading of what I could only charitably call propaganda. Because it's sports it's sort of what you would expect, but in generally that attitude is not OK.

The escalation INW afterwards, is most definitely not. OK I won't bring out the banhammer yet, but I'm sorely tempted. Consider yourself warned.

Edit: the rest of this is split off here so as not to ruin the hockey discussion...
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

sinewav wrote:
Phytotron wrote:I'm not a hockey fan, but I thought it was neat when they digitally enveloped the puck in that red halo, complete with swoosh effect as it flew around, so people might follow it better.
I think it would be even better if Hockey was played in the dark, under black-lights, with lots of fluorescent objects. Like cosmic-bowling.
You should start this. I would totally play it sounds badass
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

The costumes in the original TRON movie were partially made of hockey gear.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Why not cross hockey with figure skating to some extent then. Dark, glowing... add in music and a bit of dance dance revolution type stuff. Hitting the puck in time to the music and doing dance moves. Have it all glow and shine. Timed goals for extra points. Could turn into an ultimate sport.
John Doe

Post by John Doe »

Ya, there's "L.A. Galaxy" Football Club in L.A., and one of the member is the most expensive sportsman, David Becham, don't you reckon?
:wink:
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

Tank Program wrote:Why not cross hockey with figure skating to some extent then. Dark, glowing... add in music and a bit of dance dance revolution type stuff. Hitting the puck in time to the music and doing dance moves. Have it all glow and shine. Timed goals for extra points. Could turn into an ultimate sport.
sounds so *wrong* xD

John Doe wrote:Ya, there's "L.A. Galaxy" Football Club in L.A., and one of the member is the most expensive sportsman, David Becham, don't you reckon?
are you sure he is "the" most expensive? o.o
Last edited by Slov on Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
Lord Pein
Round Winner

Post by Lord Pein »

Slov wrote: sounds so gay xD
That's getting edited, right?
http://i52.tinypic.com/11ipyet.png
Thursday July 22nd 2010: Airman's team beat Lizmatic's team in fortress.
DDMJ wrote:Good idea...but what if the arma player is Luke-jr :?
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

Lord Pein wrote:
Slov wrote: sounds so gay xD
That's getting edited, right?
Probably not by a mod, but he did just burn himself.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn