a dishonorable recruiting method

Anything About Anything...
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

a dishonorable recruiting method

Post by Word »

Well, at first i thought a post on arma forums is inordinate, but it seems as if more and more clans are using Love bombing to get new members. :evil:

I highly recommend to read the wiki article, because it is getting obnoxious. Some clans are literally trying to steal members, and it's not the usual "your clan sucks, come to us"-way of recruiting.
Even if you think you're imperturbable because you don't like clans - you're not. I don't think i'm hypocrite. All members we had weren't in another clan when they joined, and we never asked other people to leave their clans for us. But this way of recruitment seems to become more and more popular among clanners, it's destroying the game for me and i think it does endanger our (friendly) co-existence in the long run. If you don't understand why i posted this, i won't tell you. It's not based on rumours, but on supposedly internal details (no, i didn't hack anyone's forum. someone informed us.)
Believe it or not, some of these clans have a list of people they want to butter up, in alphabetical order.
(I know about 8 "targets" and that's probably just the top).
Why should we play clanwars if the losing clan also loses its best members?
I find it assumptive to think that we (all clans) used this method forever already. We invited members, but we did neither stalk nor sweet-talk them 24/7.

Just a heads-up, if you stick to this attitude we will have to do the same one day.
I'm not so worried about my own clan though. :)

/Brainwash
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Re: a dishonorable recruiting method

Post by syllabear »

If it seems like I am doing this at any time, I am not. And if any of Tu tries this, please tell me right away :)

Poaching is pretty low down in any competitive games.
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

Well **** you guys. It's not like anyone joins anyway :(
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

Word wrote:Believe it or not, some of these clans have a list of people they want to butter up, in alphabetical order.
That's nothing. I know one clan has a similar list, but ordered by the length of the name. D:
Paladin
Average Program

Post by Paladin »

dlh wrote:
Word wrote:Believe it or not, some of these clans have a list of people they want to butter up, in alphabetical order.
That's nothing. I know one clan has a similar list, but ordered by the length of the name. D:
Oh, you can't fool us dlh. You only say that, because your name is short. :P

Nothing new Word. Apparently, you just haven't had to deal with it before so take it as a compliment. Not a great thing, but unavoidable for the most part.
teen
Round Winner

Post by teen »

Wouldn't this method take out the disloyal members in the clan??

seems like a good idea :)
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

Word, you are SUCH AN AWESOME PERSON, and just a great all-around general human-being.

Would you like to join CT?

Back on topic, I do think this is a problem, but I would also hope if I was a clan leader to have all of my members be loyal enough to not leave when someone from another clan asks them.
Word

Post by Word »

Paladin wrote:Nothing new Word. Apparently, you just haven't had to deal with it before so take it as a compliment. Not a great thing, but unavoidable for the most part.
of course this method isn't new, but it's extent is now far bigger than it used to be, and the questionable clans started to do it systematically.
owned wrote:I do think this is a problem, but I would also hope if I was a clan leader to have all of my members be loyal enough to not leave when someone from another clan asks them.
we never had a problem with this "loyality". It's just repulsive for me that someone writes a list and describes players as if they were case studies for animal experiments (you haven't read the text, and i'm not going to post any proof publicly), then they delete it as soon as the analyzed player applied (it's not like we don't have discussions about our future members, but at least we don't do it that way).
teen wrote:Wouldn't this method take out the disloyal members in the clan??
"your clan sucks, come to us" - that would be enough; it's what vcl used to do. :P
Word, you are SUCH AN AWESOME PERSON, and just a great all-around general human-being.

Would you like to join CT?
if you'd spam me with the first part, i would think about it ;)
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

I just use this as my list of players to recruit, too lazy to write my own really.

all is fair in love and war, so if a clan does this i wouldn't really think lesser of them. the game is about having fun, and sometimes having a set of people you like in your clan helps you having fun with the game.

word, i'd ask you not to be so serious about this stuff all the time, but you clearly don't listen... and you do have the right to be any amount of serious you want.
Word

Post by Word »

Titanoboa wrote:...and sometimes having a set of people you like in your clan helps you having fun with the game.
So you don't have a problem with arranged marriages as long as your bride looks sexy?

It's just egoistic to manipulate people until they comply. There are enough good arguments you can cite as evidence for the attractiveness of a clan, there's no need to spread lies or to lead somebody to believe that you like him, just because you regard him as a possible figurehead for your team. Most ladle teams are already instable enough, taking away some of the smaller clans' best members decreases the entire competition for them.
Nelhybel
Round Winner

Post by Nelhybel »

Undoubtedly TX has one of these lists. Probably Vcl too, not sure.

And this is no surprise; what can you expect from organizations that treat virtually everyone like dirt?

TX does it because they never win, but they want too. Vcl did it in the past for kicks, probably something similar now too as I've seen them "flirting" with uNa members, including myself.

If either of you do (which I highly suspect at least one of you does), or any other clan has one, I challenge you to post the list out here in the open now. Because at some point, some pissed off person will quit your clan and tell us anyways, and just prove what lying pieces of shit you are.
Feel free to contact me here or on the grid if you would like assistance or support in beginning a relationship with Jesus Christ.
---
uNa| United Noobs of Armagetron Forums
-=}ID< Immortal Dynasty Forums
_~`Ww_ Wild West Forums
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

LOL dude, chill! haha. TX doesn't need a list and it's not in their personalities to groom players.
Word

Post by Word »

Nelhybel wrote:Undoubtedly TX has one of these lists. Probably Vcl too, not sure.
no, please don't jump at conclusions you regret later.
Nelhybel wrote:I challenge you to post the list out here in the open now
we had some sort of "wishlist" when we made the clan :P

edit: i guess it's partly my fault that you wrote this since i didn't like to reveal which clan(s) i am talking about in the first place, to avoid this sort of mistrust. i apologize for that and hope that the players who read this change their modus operandi. I hope the tx clan understands that as well and doesn't condemn you for that.
Last edited by Word on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Word wrote:
Nelhybel wrote:Undoubtedly TX has one of these lists. Probably Vcl too, not sure.
no, please don't jump at conclusions you regret later.
That. Keep your speculations about what clans you don't like secretly do to yourself, please.
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

And this is no surprise; what can you expect from organizations that treat virtually everyone like dirt?

TX does it because they never win, but they want too. Vcl did it in the past for kicks, probably something similar now too as I've seen them "flirting" with uNa members, including myself.

If either of you do (which I highly suspect at least one of you does), or any other clan has one, I challenge you to post the list out here in the open now. Because at some point, some pissed off person will quit your clan and tell us anyways, and just prove what lying pieces of shit you are.
Oh wow. I was cool with you when you called all Tx players cold and rude, but this is way too much.