2010 - Summer of "cheaters"

Anything About Anything...
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

2010 - Summer of "cheaters"

Post by Desolate »

Little remake of the 2009 topic: http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... ummer+2009

This summer we saw more crazy drama from team binary and speeders' controversial changes. We saw a ladle where the brackets seemed to be divided into good teams and less good teams. While the next two saw those teams getting beaten down. Not as much trolling and drama as last summer I think :D
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Re: 2010 - Summer of "cheaters"

Post by Phytotron »

We so don't need this kind of thread.
infex

Post by infex »

Phytotron wrote:We so don't need this kind of thread.
In your opinion.
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

Really General
Anything About Anything...
Pretty sure this counts as anything.
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

I'm inclined to agree we'd be good without this. But well, maybe it's not gonna go that bad.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

I am gonna step in and say this: The community as a whole has matured some since last summer. I think that the introduction of moderators on this forum has really helped a ton, thanks guys. Also, you see individuals that had some involvement in drama last summer, growing up! Taz is now leading VcL and running servers. Liz has been involved in the organization and running of several tournaments. Cody has really focused on building a successful oPeN TeAm and running a Sumo Single Binding Tournament. Back when last summer's drama was in full bloom, I strongly recommended that players involved use their skillz, and quite frankly, leadership skills, to do something positive! They have done so. In retrospect, we all need to mature and do more for the game as a whole. Each of us, myself included, should take a step back, and think of ways that we could do things better for the game. Surely all of us could do more, or do better. It is very easy to demonize somebody who has done something wrong or bad. But often, these very people just need to choose a better direction, and they can do so much more good, than so many other people. It is my sincere desire that those I have named in this post continue to do more and better things!
I would also like to say that as part of the ongoing healing process, people like Arilou need to be made to feel a little more welcome at times. I name Arilou for a few specific reasons. I am not saying that Arilou was always right or perfect in his actions of last summer, nobody, myself included was. But, Arilou is an awesome player, and really a nice guy. He is also rather protective of the clan that he helped to keep going, when nobody else thought ID would continue. Please note, Arilou, by his choice, is no longer the leader of ID. He does own and run several of the ID servers, but leadership has been passed to several younger players.
I really find it rather sad that Arilou no longer feels all that comfortable talking much when playing during the day in European servers. I really think that those of you that play during the day, ought to reach out to him. He loves the game, but doesn't really feel welcome. Besides, if you welcome him, you help re-integrate ID, and a few other American clans that play Fortress into the larger Fortress Community. As it stands at the moment, ID and a few other American clans do not feel all that welcome by the Fortress Community. The last thing we need is there to be a separated American community, like there was when Wild West was quite the hub for CTF, Sumo, HR, and CTFS.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm