Beer? Give me something hard!
13%

Total votes: 23

ItzAcid
Match Winner

Beer

Post by ItzAcid »

vote :)
Won Tourneys/Competitions: WWG4 (Hmm, need more braggage like Durka)

Oo oO
MaZuffeR
Core Dumper

Re: Beer

Post by MaZuffeR »

Does Budweiser refer to the American one or the Czech one (sold as Czechvar in USA and Canada)?
winner of: Spoon, 3rd, 6th, 9th, 11th, 18th, 19th, 33rd, 34th and 48th Ladle.
Retired since 07/2012
ItzAcid
Match Winner

Post by ItzAcid »

Either I guess haha. If you vote for budweiser just clarify which one it is by posting. Initially I meant the US one, but I didn't know there was a Czech one.

Oo oO
Jip
Round Winner

Post by Jip »

Aw, none of the german beers in the list?
My favorite is JEVER :D
http://www.jever.de/
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

i loved Oettinger's malt...but I can't drink it anymore :(

(yeah...it's not the type of malt that most kids like.)
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

"Keystone can be found in can, keg, and occasionally bottled form. Its "Light" variety is commonly labelled as "high school beer" due to it being very inexpensive and thus popular with young adults in the United States, though contrary to belief, Keystone Light only has 4.2% ABV[1]; a concentration much less than standard American lagers and about equal to other macro "light" brews."

ahh..hense the 'lol'
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

You shouldn't offer "other" (should be "other beer") and "no beer" (which is really "other") as selections. The poll should be as if you went to a bar and these were the selections you had to choose from. For instance:

Code: Select all

[10:33pm]         You: what u have on tap?
[10:33pm]   Bartender: Miller, Bud, Pabst, Guinness, Harp, and Bass Ale.
[10:33pm]         You: ummmmmm.....
[10:34pm]   Bartender: c'mon buddy.
[10:34pm]         You: I'll take a Sam Adams draught.
Doesn't work that way. All this poll will show is that there are way better beers out there that aren't listed. And the title of the poll should be like, "You're on a business trip and want a beer badly, but this is all they have at the only bar for miles" (that cuts out everyone that cries for "other").
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

All but two of those are absolute sewage. Low-end, nasty pisswater that idiots drink just to get drunk, express brand-based fashion, and because they don't know or care what good beer tastes like. Those beers are the equivalent of a poorly-written song being poorly performed, poorly recorded, going through a few generations of cassette dubs, a few generations of ugly mp3 encoding, and played over AM hand-held radio at the outskirts of its broadcast range.

Guinness and Sam Adams are the only acceptably decent ones.

EDIT: inserted a "that."
Last edited by Phytotron on Thu May 20, 2010 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
TaZ
Round Winner

Post by TaZ »

You didn't include yuengling Acido? :o
ItzAcid
Match Winner

Post by ItzAcid »

I guess I should have posted the topic as Cheap Beer haha. All of those negative adjectives to describe these beers aren't really necessary, Phytotron. Just because a beer is cheap doesn't mean its used just to get drunk. Samuel Adams is a great beer though so i'm glad you classified it as acceptable haha. A certain beer doesn't define a person as an idiot. If you believe that then your being partially stereotypical. Everyone has their own preferences :) I for one don't drink any of the above except Heineken and Samuel Adams.

I see what your saying though. Immature high school and college students usually use it to get drunk. The way you phrased it with such a negative mood bothered me haha. Anyone care to make a topic of non-cheap beer? :P

Edit: Yeah, your right sine. I should have done that haha.

Oo oO
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

ItzAcid wrote:All of those negative adjectives to describe these beers aren't really necessary, Phytotron.
Maybe not, but it's honest and amusing, at least to me.
Just because a beer is cheap doesn't mean its used just to get drunk.
I made no reference to cost, only quality. (There are plenty of expensive and overpriced beers, wines, and spirits that are of mediocre to poor quality as well.) But, given that the greater proportion of inexpensive beers are of low-quality, what other purpose would you suppose there is to drinking them?
A certain beer doesn't define a person as an idiot
I didn't say it necessarily does. However, "idiots drink just to get drunk...." Drinking nasty beer just for that purpose is additionally idiotic. Drinking something nasty for any purpose strikes me as idiotic. Drinking something—or doing anything—for little more than brand-based fashion or social status identification ("What does this brand say about you?") is certainly idiotic.

By the way, plenty of older people drink just to get drunk, too.
ItzAcid
Match Winner

Post by ItzAcid »

I feel like i'm being lazy in not quoting, and I am :P. I'm making references, just not using the quotes haha. Yeah your right, older people (still immature) do drink to get drunk, just usually not in such a "Hell Yeah Party!" manner (once again, there are those older people too) The way you described it is amusing and humorous, if your prepared to take it the right way :P. Honestly, I don't know when your joking in an intellectual way and when your trying to bash something. My bad for being mistaken xD. As for low quality beers and why people would buy them, some people actually prefer the taste. One of my old neighbors absolutely hated higher quality beers haha. I'm not exactly sure why he was this way, but i found it funny x]

Oo oO
TaZ
Round Winner

Post by TaZ »

Eh, at least you didn't put blue ribbon on the list. lol
sunny
Core Dumper

Post by sunny »

I don't like beer!
"Give me something hard" xD
ItzAcid
Match Winner

Post by ItzAcid »

Attagirl sunny haha. Yeah Taz i've never even heard of that xD. I'm just a beer n00b apparently ;). Do you have to get yuengling at an alcohol store? Checked a few places around here and haven't found it yet, including one alcohol store close to my house.

Oo oO