GIMP

Anything About Anything...
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

GIMP

Post by Clutch »

Sooo i got GIMP, an image manipulation program, like photoshop only free, like last year and its worked fine. I got sick of scrolling through a bunch of fonts i dont use to get to the ones i do use, so i deleted all the fonts that i could that i never used. After that, i tried to open GIMP, and it comes up right when it loads everything one of those "send error report" thingies. I went into my recycle bin and restored all the fonts i could find, but somethings still screwin up. I dont even know if it was me deleting the fonts, but does anyone know what may be the problem?
Boxed
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: GIMP

Post by Z-Man »

Reinstall, if that doesn't help, maybe post the full error message. Right now, all we know is 'I did something, maybe related, now it stopped working', and we're not even gimp experts :)
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

This is what pops up:

gimp-2.6.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
We have created an error report that you can send to us. We will treat this report as confidential and anonmymous.

To see what data this error report contains, click here
Boxed
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

That's the completely generic Windows crash error. Sorry, there's no way to tell what's wrong.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

You're really at the wrong place for this type of support man. Did this page help at all? http://www.gimp.org/unix/fonts.html
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

Yes sine that helped but i have no idea what to do. I downloaded the webfonts, and my jzip opened so i guess i have to do something with that but i have no idea =P
Boxed
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

BoxeD wrote:...so i guess i have to do something with that but i have no idea =P
:P Appeal to your Canadian brethren for help?

Ok, since you think it's related to your messing around with Fonts (I've screwed things up that way when I was younger, so don't feel bad), I would suggest this:

1. Completely uninstall GIMP. I don't know what Windows version you have, so you'll have to find out the best way to do that. Probably the GIMP uninstaller is fine. I can't remember if the program writes to the registry or not. (and if you have a registry cleaner, might as well run that too after uninstall. I like CCleaner)

2. Repair/restore your fonts for your OS. Here is a way to do it for XP. If you have a Win7 or Vista, use the Internet to find out how.

3. Reinstall Gimp. If the error still happens, then I'm out of ideas!
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

Thanks for your help sine, but i dont have that stupid cd anymore thx anyway tho :)
Boxed
!TX!Ubunturocks
Average Program

Post by !TX!Ubunturocks »

Hmmm, I have installed GIMP on Windows Xp before without a problem. I would uninstall it, and download the latest build for windows, and install it. I hope you get it to work soon, I like to use it, it is good for gif animations. But I am not that good a making gif animations yet. :( But I will keep practicing! I do not know much more to tell you, I hardly ever use Windows anymore since I switched to linux. :/
Linux is the future, do not fight it, go with it. If your computer is fast or slow Linux is the way to go.
ImageImageImage