[TWG3] - Day 4 (Your_mom eaten, ed killed) WORMS WIN!!!

Anything About Anything...
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

I think you made that joke earlier already :)
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Right so, it's Saturday now. Is it day one?
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

Role PMs will be sent out in a few hours - Day One will start at 0:00 GMT on Sunday.
Loor
Average Program

Post by Loor »

/waits
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

*role PMs have been sent out*

Guidelines:
Specific etiquette rules, blatantly copied from somewhere. GM == Game Master == Me, night == inactive multiplex phase, day == active multiplex phase, wolves == infected programs, to lazy to edit:
  • Wolves may not eat other wolves at night.
  • The game will start with a random night kill of an NPC, please DO NOT talk during the night. People who talk during the night repeatedly may be the subject of an unfortunate act of god.
  • Communication between the GM and players is strictly confidential. The GM is not a part of the game, and shall not be referenced.
  • Roles will not be revealed. Anything I say that seems to reveal a role is you reading too much into what I say.
  • We will start with 24 hour (roughly, maybe longer, not shorter) days. Feel free to post during the day all you want. Nights end when I end them.
  • Votes must be made in bold. If you wish to retract a vote, please edit the post to remove the bold and place (retracted) after it.
  • You do not need to explain your vote if you do not wish to do so; this is a mob, not a session of the senate. (or maybe that's reversed?)
  • As time goes on, I may switch to a majority rule system, whereby as soon as someone has a voting majority, they are killed.
  • In the event of a tie vote, there will be a runoff between the people with the most votes where anyone may recast their vote, but it must only be for one of the runoff players.
  • If you do not post for over 48 hours, you will be considered inactive and will be killed off or replaced at my whim.
  • Feel free to talk to eachother in PM or IRC or AIM or anything else, but do not reference these chats in your votes. Private chats can be falsified, and I would rather we not go down that road.
  • No personal attacks on the poster. This is a game, and the main goal is to have fun. If I think you are being an ass, I will take action I deem appropriate.
  • Do not do anything that violates the spirit of the game.
I think that is all the rules I want to bring up for now, I am not trying to be heavy handed and I want the game to be fun for all involved. If you have any questions at all, feel free to shoot me a PM. If you feel I'm being unclear or unfair or anything of that nature, again, feel free to shoot me a PM. Please do not discuss the game itself within the posts.
Roles:
- 3 worms (decide to kill off one program every night)
- 8 programs
- - 1 virus scanner (can request to find out someone's role every night (if he's still in the game))
- - 1 firewall (can protect one person every night (if he's still in the game) (can only protect himself once))
- - 1 "kill" program (can kill one person in secrecy (can only do this once the entire game))
- - 5 normal programs (no special powers)

Players:
  • 1) Z-Man
    2) Tank Program
    3) Loor
    4) Lucifer
    5) freako
    6) K-Yo
    7) ed
    8) Fonkay
    9) Corn
    10) Your_mom
    11) SageLord
*Please note: All programs with special powers need to send me (via PM) what their actions (save, kill, reveal) during the "nights" so they can end faster and the "day" period can start again. Same goes for the worms.
kyle
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

heh K-yo is away at least through Sunday :P
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

Breaking News:

We all knew Windows was a corrupt OS, but what you're about to read will just add to the horrors. It was confirmed last night that the company had secretly hardcoded a bug known as the wind0zew0rm into their installation CD. However, this "worm" only infects one's computer under one scenario. Last night, Leopard was sick of the Mac OS X v10.5.5 software and coincidently found a Windows Vista installation CD under his pillow. He popped it into his computer (nicknamed Dorka), then took a nice nap while the software strangely took over 7 hours to install. However, when Leopard awoke from his nap, Dorka was in flames. This is the 6th such incident in the last month. What a tragedy.

The day period of Cycle One has now begun. It will end Monday at 23:59 GMT. This gives you guys enough time to sort everything out. Have fun!
Fonkay
Match Winner

Post by Fonkay »

/me would like to remind everyone (including Durka) that I dropped out of this game. Therefore you can change the 5 normal programs to 4.

Sorry if this wasn't clear, hope it doesn't affect anything too much.
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

Fonkay wrote:/me would like to remind everyone (including Durka) that I dropped out of this game. Therefore you can change the 5 normal programs to 4.

Sorry if this wasn't clear, hope it doesn't affect anything too much.
It definitely wasn't clear:
Fonkay wrote:
Lucifer wrote:
Fonkay wrote:Wait, does this mean I can drop out now?
NO.
Why not?
...but then you never actually said you weren't playing.

Anyways, at least you were just a normal program. No real harm done. Continue on...
Your_mom
Match Winner

Post by Your_mom »

Z-Man wrote:Unfortunately, I'll be going to vacation precisely on Friday already. I don't know how much internet access I'll have (off to visit my wife's family in Lisbon), it may not be enough for a fast paced game. But if we don't start this weekend, we'll probably have to wait til next year, so don't mind me :)
Is z-man playing? Durka do you realize that ending the first day on basically Tuesday morning gmt that the game will likely end on either Christmas eve or Christmas?
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

Your_mom wrote:
Z-Man wrote:Unfortunately, I'll be going to vacation precisely on Friday already. I don't know how much internet access I'll have (off to visit my wife's family in Lisbon), it may not be enough for a fast paced game. But if we don't start this weekend, we'll probably have to wait til next year, so don't mind me :)
Is z-man playing? Durka do you realize that ending the first day on basically Tuesday morning gmt that the game will likely end on either Christmas eve or Christmas?
Is there an alternative?
K-Yo
Round Winner

Post by K-Yo »

I won't be online from sunday 15GMT to monday 15 GMT (more or less) so I guess it's no big deal ;)

anyway, the start seems ****** up :P
K-Yo
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Having no better way to do things, I rolled a die twice, and rolled a 7. Therefore, I think ed (retracted) is a worm.
Last edited by Tank Program on Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
K-Yo
Round Winner

Post by K-Yo »

Your_mom wrote:
yeah is Z-Man(retracted) playing? if yes, maybe not for long...
Last edited by K-Yo on Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
K-Yo
ed
Match Winner

Post by ed »

I also rolled a couple of dice and very strangely the number of dice rolled was always 2.
This struck me as being too eerie not to pay attention to. Therefore Number 2 (Tank) has to got be a worm.