nod32.

Anything About Anything...
Matrox
Core Dumper

nod32.

Post by Matrox »

Has anyone had any experiences of nod32 anitvirus?. Ive heard that it is pretty good but thought that id would canvass a few other opinions first.

http://www.nod32.com it has afew impressive awards http://www.nod32.com/news/awards.htm
Your_mom
Match Winner

Post by Your_mom »

Avg(grisoft) is the best antivirus available imho, i have used it to save several computers(friends/relatives) from certain death/reformatting.
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

I like AVG a lot too, nice germans :bear:

However I know AVG are a bit slow from the time a new signature is found to when it's included in any update according to reviews (but not among the worst either). All in all they come up on top for me though, and they definetly beat all of the "big names" out there for personal/small business use imo (I wouldn't know about server and mailserver use).

Anyway this doesn't mean that nod32 can't be better, awards can be ambiguous though, they don't neccesarily reflect the true value of the product imo so I guess you just have to try it and compare it to whatever you're using now, get friends to test it or similar...
Matrox
Core Dumper

Post by Matrox »

I currently use, McAfee. Ive recently got the lastest McAfee security suite and ive yet to install it, my current package, although completely up-to-date is the 2004 suite.

Ive also been provided with an account (that i can use) for nod32 to get the lastest antivirus software from them. With McAfee, like i say, i have a security suite with firewall ,anti virus etc. Im not sure if its practical and safe too use the McAfee firewall and swicth off the anti-virus. Or if its is possible will it cause more problems that its worth. Im not sure if its possible/better to run 2 antivirus. I know that some are incompatible but alot can be run togther. Im not sure about McAfee and Nod32. I cant seem to see any info on there site about it.

Thanks for the info up to now. :wink:
SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

i used mcaffee scan way way back in my dos days..

been using avg for a long time tho in windows
ishAdmin
Match Winner

Post by ishAdmin »

My old aptiva pos came with Norton on it, free updates for one year. After that year expired, I found that I could continue to manually update the definitions, so that's what I do. For my customers, I give them AVG if it's personal, or a single machine.