features in the new FIREFOX 1.0

Anything About Anything...
iceman
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Yorkshire, England. Quote: Its the fumes, they make one want to play

Post by iceman »

philippeqc wrote:
iceman wrote:yes you are correct and heres a copy of my host file if you want ...
Your file? Weird, I found the same at the link posted by Matrox http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

And me who had though you actually hacked that list togheter to enhance your dialup experience.

On the plus side, now that I have the source of the file, I can update it frequently.

-ph
busted :twisted:
no actually there are a few extra sites in my file which i did originally download from that site and passed the address to matrox a few months ago 8)
Image He who laughs last, probably has a back-up
sorry about the large animated gif

Lucifer
Project Developer & Local Moonshiner

Post by Lucifer »

back to FireFox.... ;)

This article that I wrote includes a screenshot of the new firefox. In it you'll see why FireFox is truly better than Internet Exploder. I'll give you a hint, it has something to do with graphics.....

philippeqc
Long Poster - Project Developer - Sage

Post by philippeqc »

iceman wrote: no actually there are a few extra sites in my file which i did originally download from that site and passed the address to matrox a few months ago 8)
oups, I checked the begining, I checked the end, quite similar, flushed your's for the 2004-12-12 one.

-ph
Canis meus id comedit.

SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

I like how u can view page info & save .swf to HD now!

all my favorite flash look great fullscreen

8)

nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

SuPeRTaRD wrote:I like how u can view page info & save .swf to HD now!

all my favorite flash look great fullscreen
yeah, you could capture media and graphics before, but you had to do a lot more work, like examine url history and page sources.

btw, check out the excellent FLASHBLOCK extension. it recently got updated to work with the current 1.0 version (before that it only worked with the beta). this is especially an awesome extension for dialup users because you can still see w/e flash while your page downloads become that much faster.

one thing i DO miss in firefox, tho, is the ability to save out a page as complete, compressed file (i think it was MHT format in IE). sure you can save the html-only or the complete heirarchy of items in an index file and accompanying folder, but each one has drawbacks. saving it one file that could be split up later if necessary was damn handy.

btw, another great extension is ZOOMVIEW. with my aging eyes it's nice to be able to see close-ups of any smallish image right in the browser without having to save it off and view it in irfanview.

Matrox
Core Dumper

Post by Matrox »

iceman wrote:busted :twisted:
no actually there are a few extra sites in my file which i did originally download from that site and passed the address to matrox a few months ago 8)
Yes iceman i did pass the link on to me which i was gratefull. If you search for host files on google then the first link you get is that one. :wink:
We Put The Fun In Fundamentalist.