0.2.8.0_rc2: Release process and bugs

Help test release candidates for the next release
wrtlprnft
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by wrtlprnft »

for the chatbot... it would be enough for me if there was a way to just get it not to turn at all on any occasion... maybe even occupy two function keys that still allow turning while chatting... that would be great *dreams*
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

wrtlprnft wrote:for the chatbot... it would be enough for me if there was a way to just get it not to turn at all on any occasion... maybe even occupy two function keys that still allow turning while chatting... that would be great *dreams*
if the server has ALLOW_CONTROL_DURING_CHAT (or something like that...) you can control your chatbot while chatting. Your chat triangle turns off and the keys used to steer your cycle must be keys that do not insert characters or the arrow keys (these are used to move the cursor in the textbox).
wrtlprnft
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by wrtlprnft »

Well... won't help me as long as it's not set on the fortress server... but thx.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

CoffeeTeeCat wrote: P.S. i wannt to set it to 0, cuz i don't like invisible rim wall. plz stay the cam inside...
Well, you can't get both. Either the camera leaves the rim and the walls have to be lowered, or it stays inside, but then you can't expect the motion to be smooth; something has to happen to the camera that does not happen to it when you're in the arena center. We can try to make the clamping less sickening, but not for 0.2.8.0, and chances are slim that we can come up with anything much better. Maybe meriton has an idea.

Silly: 1) Was, IIRC, a bug in either OSX itself or in the SDL port there, the recording you sent a while back did not contain the keypress that crashed the client.

2) comes from the fact that the bot does not know about finite trails and tries not to trap itself. Can't really do anything about it now, sorry, but it's already a bug entry that the chatbot is controlled by the server. Once that is fixed, the bot will have better information available, and there won't be no cheatbot clients :) Well, there will be, but they can't disguise themselves as chatters.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

z-man wrote:Silly: 1) Was, IIRC, a bug in either OSX itself or in the SDL port there, the recording you sent a while back did not contain the keypress that crashed the client.
So would you like me to try recording it again with this rc2, or would you rather put it off for the time being? If the former, are there any specificities (e.g., do it in a local game and/or in an online game)?
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

Oscilloscope wrote:
z-man wrote:Silly: 1) Was, IIRC, a bug in either OSX itself or in the SDL port there, the recording you sent a while back did not contain the keypress that crashed the client.
So would you like me to try recording it again with this rc2, or would you rather put it off for the time being? If the former, are there any specificities (e.g., do it in a local game and/or in an online game)?
This is a bug/inadequacy of SDL, so a recording won't help much.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Oh, I see. Guess I'll have to live with it. :|