Teams / Server

Anything About Anything...
Seleucus
Project Graphics Designer

Teams / Server

Post by Seleucus »

So if I want to host a server it is as simple as going it the game and choosing host Game. But what if I want the server up all the time, how do I make the dedicated server go online rather than just my LAN.

Then once we have enough team servers how would we divide ourselves, everyman for himself? Server Admin get to pick those who he would like? Just curious... I like the second idea... then if someone is looking to get picked up by a team they can try and prove themselves in a non-league game first.

-Seleucus
Marrow
MVP - Project Contributor

Re: Teams / Server

Post by Marrow »

Seleucus wrote:So if I want to host a server it is as simple as going it the game and choosing host Game. But what if I want the server up all the time, how do I make the dedicated server go online rather than just my LAN.

Then once we have enough team servers how would we divide ourselves, everyman for himself? Server Admin get to pick those who he would like? Just curious... I like the second idea... then if someone is looking to get picked up by a team they can try and prove themselves in a non-league game first.

-Seleucus
The armagetron-dedicated server should automatically be accessible to other people without you having to do anything special.

Picking teams is about that easy. When I first did it, I just openly asked people to participate, regardless of who it was. Of course, I didn't expect tournament play to be as popular as it has been. Now I guess we're going to be forced to be more selective unless more servers pop up.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Re: Teams / Server

Post by Tank Program »

Marrow wrote:The armagetron-dedicated server should automatically be accessible to other people without you having to do anything special.
Depends on your firewall too. Or, if the computer is on a LAN with a router... Probably some slight firewall config will be involved.