Ladle 79

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Core Dumper

Re: Ladle 79

Post by *16 »

kite wrote:if any teams need a sub pm me or contact me on IRC.
I think there are lots of free players. Maybe it's a good idea to start an open team? It's quite late but who knows...
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

*16 wrote:It's quite late but who knows...
TOO LATE!

BRACKETS

A couple good match-ups early on. CTa has a rough road ahead, but maybe we can finally see a CT vs CT final? We can only hope. If Kill St has a bad day we might see SP vs Derp, which would be very dramatic. I'll definitely try to get a seat for that match, heh.

:wink: Good luck, have fun, and remember to rate the servers afterwards.
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

click for better quality

previously
Pr3
Round Winner

Post by Pr3 »

I like the design Concord. Nice work.
pike
Round Winner

Post by pike »

Good games Oops and Rd (I hope we scared you just a little bit ;)).
Too bad Oops couldn't get 6th player for big part of the match, it was much better game when you had full team :(

Lowkey's +1

It was probably -1 for most of my team, and it was laggy most of the time for me too, but it was a stable, predictable lag and I never died because of it. Best US Ladle server at this moment, so it gets +1 from me.
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Good games all, & gz ks. Thanks for the very nice moment before the finals, it was very touching, more than I had expected. I hope we'll never have to do it again
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

Ggs all, gratz KS. Stats updated

Lokis +1
CT liv +1
zmans +1
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

Good matches CTA, unk, KS.

Unfortunately for Fipp, he had a power outage. Maybe next time we'll get to keep him for the entirety. :]

Lights USA +1 Really good all ladle, the time it was bad when was my nets wouldn't cooperate.

Also, last ladle before bowl is next month. I believe the standings are currently sitting like this:
1 RD (19.11)
2 KS (11.82)
3 R (7.74)
4 uNk (7.69)
5 CTa (7.51)

Going to come down to next month for the last three to see who gets in. Good luck everyone.

Also, a couple notes.
A team must have played 5 out of 9 Ladles in the season.
Only 8 teams have qualified for this. Phoenix fire no longer exists as a clan, and SP just lost a bunch of their core members. And the other is CTB.
A player must have played on a team 5 times during the season to join them in The Bowl.
I imagine someone will update player lists at some point, a few teams might not have a core member or two at this point.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Global Stats attached.

I got slightly different numbers for the Bowl stats. Either way it is going to be an insane fight for the 4th seed.

Code: Select all

Redemption     19.11
Kill St.       11.82
Rogue Tronners  7.74
Crazy Tronners  7.51
Team Unknown    7.50
I want to compliment Speeders on their performance. It's seems the reports of their death are greatly exaggerated. You gave KS an unexpected surprise. Same goes for Derp Derp. You guys have a lot of potential to be a top team right off the bat. I hope you guys stick together (and come up with a better name).

Finally, I want to apologize to Redemption for the confusion I caused during the last match with Kill St. As it stands there are no "Time Outs" in Ladle Fortress. I have always thought there should be, but I am sure there are many, many reasons why this is a terrible idea. When I saw dreadlord disconnect I wanted to offer a chance for you guys to be ready and at full strength since a new match was starting anyway. This was my own poor judgment (much to the dismay of my teammates.) When I saw your team say "have fun" I understood there was no need for a time out and this is why I slapped KS their points back when the round was restarted half-way through. But seeing as Redemption was able to tie the score almost immediately, and the winning point spread was greater than the slap, I think ultimately this made no difference. Sorry again. :/
Attachments
ladle_stats_79.xls
(31.5 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Titanoboa wrote:Thanks for the very nice moment before the finals, it was very touching, more than I had expected.
Yes, it was surprisingly powerful for me. RIP. I can't wait to have a recording of it.
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

Aw sad i couldn't make finals. My dorm had a power outage and I subsequently lost my internet connection.

O well, Gz KS (especially Pyrrhic!) and ggs unk and ct
THEred
Core Dumper

Post by THEred »

Gz KS (especially MISTER,LOL!)

gg/gms unk and ct

was fun
red
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

ggs was fun

btw rd we didn't happen to care but i think you broke a rule or something(correct me if i'm wrong) wap was on ctb's roster and wasn't listed on your roster, and you didn't ask us if he could play.
dinobro
Average Program

Post by dinobro »

Yeah, kind of sad to look at your own members forced to watch the match from spec, simply because you want to play with a player who isnt even on your roster.
Anyhow, Ks is new TSM.
Kronkleberry
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Kronkleberry »

dinobro wrote:Yeah, kind of sad to look at your own members forced to watch the match from spec, simply because you want to play with a player who isnt even on your roster.
This.

I work every Sunday until 4PM EST, so I usually can't make it home until the very end of every ladle, but at least this gives me enough of a window to peek at what our finals line-up is. The last few times I've come home to see MR and Wap playing for my team, and at least 3-5 spectators wearing Rd tags. We tell ourselves we're getting too big as a clan, and we pretend to entertain the idea of a second team, but really, the bench just gets bigger and warmer. It especially lame if we even broke the rules to acquire wap...

Maybe it would be more appropriate to post this in my own forum's private section, but I already tried that last ladle when this happened.
*looks at camera*
*looks at soul*