Making a map/server -HELP

Designed a level that creates new, exciting, and challenging Armagetron game play? Or maybe just something funky. Put it right here.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Optional teams are already the default. With TEAM_MAX_PLAYERS, you can control the size of the teams.

For the rest, you should probably ask the admins of the servers you want to mutate away from. Or you can copy the settings from your client's console log, except those that are marked "Don't touch, change this other setting instead" in the docs.

You shouldn't have told us you want a high rubber/speed server. That doesn't exactly make some people here more helpful. Including me and obviously Jonathan :)
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

If it doesn't have less than 80 rubber, it sucks!

Er, right. So, anyway, anybody willing to go for my suggestion to make a placebo rubber setting in the future and rename the existing setting to "NETWORK_LATENCY_CORRECTION_FACTOR"? Education is always the answer, of course. :)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Code: Select all

NETWORK_LATENCY_CORRECTION_FACTOR
That'd be a great config item name to type :).
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

That wouldn't stop them, it would only make them ask more questions :?
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

I don't disagree with that completely, but I think the questions would tend to be a lot more useful and they would learn more about how the game works, and particularly why they shouldn't abuse rubber for the gameplay they want. :) (I'm not opposed to a setting that gives them that sort of gameplay, just opposed to the situation we've got right now)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Cyberfalcon

maps

Post by Cyberfalcon »

How don I add my map on to the resource browser? :?: