How to change a map on the fly?

Designed a level that creates new, exciting, and challenging Armagetron game play? Or maybe just something funky. Put it right here.
wrtlprnft
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by wrtlprnft »

/me points to the edit he made in the post above after someone replied... stupid of me...

Here is my new wiki page: http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php/ ... h_Randomly please correct any mistakes, i didnt link it anywhere within the wiki yet, so if you think it's good you can do that...

Oh, and to make the new cvs versions fetch old map files... could someone put the map-0.2.8_beta3.dtd in http://resource.armagetronad.net/resource/ ?
I solved the problem by putting it on my server, but this would be the easier solution i guess...
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

wrtlprnft wrote:Could it have to do with the long walls on the sides? maybe theres a counter or something for the texture offset and it overflows somehow?
Yes, exactly that happens. Sorry, it's fixed now in CVS. But maybe you should work around it by making the side walls a bit shorter.
wrtlprnft
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by wrtlprnft »

Are you sure it is fixed? I just fetched the CVS version and i still got that bug...
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

wrtlprnft wrote:Are you sure it is fixed? I just fetched the CVS version and i still got that bug...
Anonymous CVS takes some time to sync.
Jager

Batch file to change

Post by Jager »

Just wanted to give one more option to change maps. I know this is ugly, but it is very easy to implement. I wrote a batch file that keeps switching through the maps I have, so each time you randomly get one.

Batch File Contents:

@ECHO OFF
:START
copy everytime_map1.cfg everytime.cfg /y > nul
ping 3.3.3.3 > nul
copy everytime_map2.cfg everytime.cfg /y > nul
ping 3.3.3.3 > nul
copy everytime_map3.cfg everytime.cfg /y > nul
ping 3.3.3.3 > nul
echo .
GOTO START

Then I just have three everytime files, each with a line like this: