Ladle 77

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Ladle 77

Post by Light »

Ignore This Post [Link]

If possible, please use Light's USA as a backup today. The server is running a high resource script that I expected to be finished before today, but there's still a bit to go and I'm not sure it will be done in time for Ladle. I'm not sure how badly this affects the servers as there were 2 full servers yesterday while this was running, but I don't really want to screw someone over. So, if there's another server available, please use it this time.

For future tournaments, my servers will be back to normal. This is just a one time thing.
Last edited by Light on Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

The authorities file should not use AUTHORITY_WHITELIST. This may restrict certain users from being able to authenticate. For example if I were to participate in the Ladle then I wouldn't be able to use my preferred GID.

I don't see the benefit of restricting authentication to only certain authorities for the Ladle, especially considering the rule that requires everyone to log in.
Luiso
Average Program

Post by Luiso »

dlh wrote:The authorities file should not use AUTHORITY_WHITELIST. This may restrict certain users from being able to authenticate. For example if I were to participate in the Ladle then I wouldn't be able to use my preferred GID.

I don't see the benefit of restricting authentication to only certain authorities for the Ladle, especially considering the rule that requires everyone to log in.
Im a noob in that servers stuff but maybe according to that withelist ct/junior authority won't work in ladle?
I would like to know it to tell my junior mates that they may use their @forums login
I am not responsible for the content of this message ;)
Light

Post by Light »

Uhm, ignore my earlier post. I didn't realize it was only Saturday. My server will be perfectly fine for tomorrow.
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

Luiso wrote:Im a noob in that servers stuff but maybe according to that withelist ct/junior authority won't work in ladle?
I would like to know it to tell my junior mates that they may use their @forums login
Correct, ct/junior will not work. Actually, none of the ct users will be able to authenticate because the whitelist does not include “ct”.

The whitelist is also incorrect for these users: delinquent@vixencomputing.co.uk, theo@phoenix-clan.org/Member
Luiso
Average Program

Post by Luiso »

dlh wrote:
Luiso wrote:Im a noob in that servers stuff but maybe according to that withelist ct/junior authority won't work in ladle?
Correct, ct/junior will not work. Actually, none of the ct users will be able to authenticate because the whitelist does not include “ct”.

The whitelist is also incorrect for these users: delinquent@vixencomputing.co.uk, theo@phoenix-clan.org/Member
So this must be fixed or ct won't have team leader access
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

If people don't use the whitelist it should be fine.
Luiso
Average Program

Post by Luiso »

owned wrote:If people don't use the whitelist it should be fine.
The problem is that some people do I think, because last ladle we had some login issues
Light

Post by Light »

Luiso wrote:The problem is that some people do I think, because last ladle we had some login issues
Probably not just some. Hosts are expected to include ..

Ladle 77 Authorities (At the end ..)

Code: Select all

#WHITELIST

AUTHORITY_WHITELIST forums ct/jedi vixencomputing.co lightron.org phoenix-clan speedersclan.org x incam.tk unk.me ct/leader ct/senior
theo
Round Winner

Post by theo »

sinewav wrote: :!: ATTENTION SERVER OWNERS!
Please be sure to update your server to the newest stable .2x vanilla release whenever possible or practical.
I'm using 0.2.9_alpha_r1417. Should I upgrade ?

As far as I can see, that's the latest 0.2* release.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/armaget ... .2.8/2013/
sinewav wrote: :x Ritsuka!
I don't know why you made yourself a GM when you are not providing a server but we decided to leave you on the list for now. Next month please provide a server or erase yourself. Same goes for you too theo baggins!
Theo baggins?

The server is up and running. I just failed to add it to the list this month for some reasons.

I'd add it to the permanent server list, but I don't feel comfortable to add it and taking the risk to forget to update it later (or being unavailable) and still being listed as a server to be used.

But that doesn't really matters anyway. As dlh said, my login won't work. So I'm not GM that month.
dlh wrote:The whitelist is also incorrect for these users: delinquent@vixencomputing.co.uk, theo@phoenix-clan.org/Member
I'll be team leader instead.
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

There was an actual reason to use the whitelist. If you're a server admin you can correct the whitelist with this setting:

AUTHORITY_WHITELIST forums ct vixencomputing.co.uk lightron.org phoenix-clan.org speedersclan.org x incam.tk unk.me
You can also update your server to the latest from BZR and use these settings:

AUTHORITY_WHITELIST
ACCESS_LEVEL_ANNOUNCE_LOGIN 7
Of course, put those settings after the ladle RINCLUDE commands.
Ritsuka
Round Winner

Post by Ritsuka »

Concord wrote:Image

previously: ladle 76
you missed speed of light
Ritsuka
Round Winner

Post by Ritsuka »

sinewav wrote: :x Ritsuka!
I don't know why you made yourself a GM when you are not providing a server but we decided to leave you on the list for now. Next month please provide a server or erase yourself. Same goes for you too theo baggins!
My mistake, the server will be added for the next ladle.
Concord

Post by Concord »

kyle
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

Last minute changes to auth

RINCLUDE ladle/ladle77_authoritiesv2.cfg(http://crazy-tronners.com/resource/ladle/ladle77_authoritiesv2.cfg)