Default MoviePack

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Default MoviePack

Post by LittleSteps »

This may be a silly/dumb question and also I didn't know where this topic should go so here it is. Well some times I would like to just add a different kind of tail and keep every thing else but I can't find a default movie pack. So just thinking logically and I though maybe Ill just add a new tail so I did that and the walls were white and the floor was messed up and etc.. I just would like to know where would I get a default movie pack so I can just take stuff out and put certain things in. Thanks :)
Last edited by LittleSteps on Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
XzL.Smart
Round Winner

Re: Default MoviePack

Post by XzL.Smart »

LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Post by LittleSteps »

I've tried obviously... or I wouldn't be posting this topic
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Since you know about the moviepack directory and you can make a PNG file, I think you can handle making a moviepack from the default textures. So, take a look at what should be in a moviepack: http://wiki.armagetronad.org/index.php/Moviepacks

Then, copy the files you need from the textures folder to the moviepack folder. You'll have to make copies of the rim wall and rename them. Also, you'll probably need a settings.cfg file in there too, even if it's blank.

Play around a little bit and see if you can manage. If you break something, come back to this thread as we'll try and help you. Good luck.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

And to reiterate as always, you don't want to alter the default textures or moviepack folders. (Although, wait, there isn't a default moviepack included with the application anymore, is there?) You want to create a new textures and/or moviepack folder in your var folder/directory. Then you don't have to worry about backing up the files or any of that, and your changes will remain in place if and when you upgrade the game itself. And like sinewav said, make sure there's a settings.cfg file in the moviepack folder or it won't work.