2011 Tronny Awards! Winners Announced!!!

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
Overrated
Match Winner

Re: 2011 Tronny Awards!

Post by Overrated »

owned wrote: @over I don't see any problem with someone being both rookie of the year and most improved. If a rookie improves way faster than a normal rookie, they could be chosen for both awards. Also, we will delete the double counting of your name.
What qualifies as a rookie then (asked this in previous post)? The logic between both of them make absolutely no sense to me. Rookie = new with little to no experience beforehand. So, you're telling me a rookie with no prior experience deserves to have a chance at most improved when they should supposedly have nothing to base it off of? I thought most improved considered aspects from last year, into this year. Whereas rookie only considers this year. Am I wrong to think this?
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

MB53 wrote:1st There are times when i think you dont make sense at all, to be honest it doesnt seem right of what i have offered to the community to be listed as someone who annoys.
You misunderstand something then - I commented why I haven't nominated you for best center. That was my personal choice. I don't know who nominated you for "needs to get punched in the face" but whoever it was doesn't have to justify it because it's HIS opinion, not yours. it's not absolute and unchangeable. Same for your 2) and 3). There are hundreds of other people that could have been nominated but you simply have to live with the fact that people's opinions are different. Follow the example of people who don't complain about every single player who hasn't got his own category or didn't get nominated in the categories that are there.

And for 4) I have nominated Xy. I don't know who nominated the others but it was probably meant to be funny. You just take it too seriously I suppose. As I said, these tronnies are insignificant.

It doesn't matter to which degree CT is involved, but it does matter that you're already nominated so often and you should be thankful for that, even more if the 'commitee' didn't have a lot of CTers in it.
Cronix
Match Winner

Post by Cronix »

can I ask why Liz and wap are listed 2 times in the TST-Team section? o.o

We know they are awesome, but we do not have to list them twice :P
Signature? wtf...
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

Overrated wrote:
owned wrote: @over I don't see any problem with someone being both rookie of the year and most improved. If a rookie improves way faster than a normal rookie, they could be chosen for both awards. Also, we will delete the double counting of your name.
What qualifies as a rookie then (asked this in previous post)? The logic between both of them make absolutely no sense to me. Rookie = new with little to no experience beforehand. So, you're telling me a rookie with no prior experience deserves to have a chance at most improved when they should supposedly have nothing to base it off of? I thought most improved considered aspects from last year, into this year. Whereas rookie only considers this year. Am I wrong to think this?
In my view, a rookie is someone who either started playing fort/sumo this year, or started seriously playing fort/sumo this year. I see the most improved award comparing the skill level of a person at the start of the year to their skill level at the end of the year. But remember, the people who ultimately decide what these categories mean are the people who vote for them.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Why are people getting mad about this? Haha. Tronnies are a novelty. It's not like little Tronny icons are added under your avatar on the forums for everyone to see and people will see it and say "oh MB53 should be punched in the face." (Also, that nomination is a mystery to me too, heh.)

Chill. You're mad about something irrelevant. You probably won't get an award anyway.
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

This should probably be locked.
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

sinewav wrote:Why are people getting mad about this? Haha. Tronnies are a novelty.
Quoted for Truth.
These are meant to be fun little awards that we give out at the end of the year to people in the armagetron community. They don't mean anything.

Our process for picking nominees and for picking winners is imperfect, but this is only our second year. As time goes on this system will get more compact and much better. We've seen a number of issues with the process this year, and next year we'll be sure to fix them to the best of our ability. We let the voters (from each clan/team) pick the nominees this time because we thought that the super secret panel wouldn't be able to make the best choices. It seems from the reaction that this isn't the best way to do it.

Everyone, just relax. At the end of the day it doesn't matter whether you win, lose, get nominated, or don't get nominated.
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

owned wrote:To everyone else, we did a different technique this year. Nominees were chosen by voters themselves. Anyone that someone voted for was a nominee, anyone that no one voted for was not a nominee.
That explains evertything. Obviously this new "method" is just not as good as the last one, which the nominees actually made sense.

@Word: I shouldn't even answer you but I will. I'm not a voter. MB is not a voter. We're both CT squad leaders. If this is run by CT why aren't 2 of the leaders involved? As far as i know there are 2 or maybe 3 cters voting. This is not run by CT, it is run by appa, and it was his idea, and he's in charge.

I appreciate the work but seriously, if you gonna do this next year, use the old method, which was actually pretty nice. I think everyone is complaining because their expectations were high, mines were. Last year this tronny thingie was amazing, and it was real fun. I don't know why you change something that worked so nice in the past :/
matchbox53
Round Winner

Post by matchbox53 »

Word wrote:
MB53 wrote:1st There are times when i think you dont make sense at all, to be honest it doesnt seem right of what i have offered to the community to be listed as someone who annoys.
You misunderstand something then - I commented why I haven't nominated you for best center. That was my personal choice. I don't know who nominated you for "needs to get punched in the face" but whoever it was doesn't have to justify it because it's HIS opinion, not yours. it's not absolute and unchangeable. Same for your 2) and 3). There are hundreds of other people that could have been nominated but you simply have to live with the fact that people's opinions are different. Follow the example of people who don't complain about every single player who hasn't got his own category or didn't get nominated in the categories that are there.

And for 4) I have nominated Xy. I don't know who nominated the others but it was probably meant to be funny. You just take it too seriously I suppose. As I said, these tronnies are insignificant.

It doesn't matter to which degree CT is involved, but it does matter that you're already nominated so often and you should be thankful for that, even more if the 'commitee' didn't have a lot of CTers in it.
1st i dont have to follow whatever you say because its hard to see someone like you judging what people do and you hate the fact that other people are trying to propose another alternatives or suggestions. Its true that people have different thoughts but that doesnt mean its bad to hear what people say. For example when some of you guys complained on what improvements Mega Fort should be, Did i object when there has been a strong reason to justify what people said ?

2nd If this is insignificant awards why do it then ? why waste alot of time and effort on doing it ?

3rd i am not really that serious about this, all i am saying is that people should actually consider what other point of views are proposed espically when some of them secret society are inactive.

4th i am nominated enough because i have shown much love and effort for this game . And by pointing out something wrong it doesnt mean i am not thankful, on the contrary i am trying my best to make sure that players who deserve something must be recognized.

5th as for how much ct are involved in the nominees it does matter because most players think that " O look most of the secret society are from CT that is most likely the results will be to CTers advantage" which will cause less caring of what this nominee is all about. There might be hundreds of alias or smurfs that play so well but whomever i have mentioned i am quite certain that most players who have seen them would realize that my suggestions are valid.
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

Well, it does stroke the egos of those who obviously don't need it. Like MB saying all he does for the community. Who gives a **** if he wasn't even nominated (even though he was alot of times). He knows what he has done personally for the community. You don't see me complaining and two people who don't play center were put over me. I don't give a shit! I know who I am, and apparently was valued enough as a center/person to be accepted into numerous teams/clans. If I cared what everyone thought of me, I would either be an emotional wreck or a push-over.
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

Edit: double post lakal
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Cody wrote:Hey, you should meet me at The Connection next time I'm down your way!
Heh, if it weren't for my steadfast rule of separation of Armagetron and Real Life, I probably would (even though I hate dance clubs).

The "best singlebinder" list is missing three of the best (active): Akira, Boobert, and if I dare say so, myself (well, not lately). Plus, why all the categories specific to elements of "special game modes," and nothing about FFA?
matchbox53
Round Winner

Post by matchbox53 »

I Failed to mention also another skilled sumoer who should also be added to best sumoers list he is Gonzap. And also Lacka
matchbox53
Round Winner

Post by matchbox53 »

Mkay1 wrote:Well, it does stroke the egos of those who obviously don't need it. Like MB saying all he does for the community. Who gives a **** if he wasn't even nominated (even though he was alot of times). He knows what he has done personally for the community. You don't see me complaining and two people who don't play center were put over me. I don't give a shit! I know who I am, and apparently was valued enough as a center/person to be accepted into numerous teams/clans. If I cared what everyone thought of me, I would either be an emotional wreck or a push-over.

Thats the problem you think i care i dont but when it was clear that nominees is biased or not-biased then it does matter. I personally careless. What i am doing to the community is personal thing to me when i have mentioned i have mentioned it as an example for a specific situation to try compare. And mkay you can always use a less aggressive and disrespectful tone with me and also to everyone.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

I don't know what you two think but you seem to read something I haven't written out of my post .
Gonzap wrote:I shouldn't even answer you but I will.
You're right, don't talk when you haven't read it. :roll:
think that it should also be part of a good player's virtues that he's modest enough not to nominate himself, and not feeling embarrassed if he's not nominated. After all, the tronnies aren't very significant and all of your complaints possibly backfire. You're already nominated in several other (equally meaningless) categories so I don't see why this seriously has to be discussed.
I haven't said that the tronnies were run by CT alone. I did say that liz & crew joked that you'll feel humiliated if you don't get nominated often enough and now you apparently do. Well done.
MB53 wrote:1st i dont have to follow whatever you say
:roll: Sure you haven't, just like Zap doesn't have to answer me. You're still making yourself look like a fool if you're really worried that someone else nominated you in some random category of a prize that doesn't have any effect on your reputation (and may I say, even less than your, uh, self-righteous posts on this topic). It would really be the best if you wouldn't reply at all before you've stopped complaining and actually got over it.

2) That's what you should ask yourself, since you and Gonzap seem to think the sole purpose was self-adulation. It's pure fun. It doesn't matter if the winners are "correct" in your opinion or not.

3) I just nominated people according to my own opinion, which is what I was asked for. I was not asked to nominate people of which I think that someone else would nominate them.
Same for the others.

4) How often does this have to be said? We didn't make lists of best players, just ONE best player. You are(n't) on the list because of your efforts, just because the jury members (don't) happen to know you and play in your server.

5) You weren't part of the jury and the tronnies are too insignificant to waste so much time for them, plus you're only making yourself look childish and jealous. Period.

Plus you won't get any votes if you keep acting like that.

(Mkay nailed it)
Last edited by Word on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:55 am, edited 12 times in total.