In Game Messages

Post here if you need help setting up your server, etc.
Soapy
On Lightcycle Grid

In Game Messages

Post by Soapy »

So I am trying to figure out how to change the "_____ left the game." "_____ committed suicide." messages, I was able to change the "______ entered the game." message with player_entered_game but I can't seem to figure out the others. Can anyone offer some help?

A little more complicated one would be how can i change the core dumped message? thanks
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Re: In Game Messages

Post by dlh »

http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php? ... ge_Strings

Just do a search in your text-editor to find the key names (search for “committed suicide”, “core dumped”, etc…)
Soapy
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Soapy »

I understand searching in a text-editor but what file do we need to open? like where do we try and find these commands? Like i said we understand making a new document because we already did the entered game one.

so can you give us a little more detail if possible
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

The original strings are in language/english_base.txt. You can either edit them there (where they will get overwritten on your next install) or copy them into your new language definition file and change them there. Language files don't need to be complete, strings not found there are fetched from the secondary language and, failing to find them there, from english_base.txt.
Soapy
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Soapy »

thanks Z-Man that helps more