Go Fork Yourself (new tourney)

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

D33P
Average Program

Go Fork Yourself (new tourney)

Post by D33P »

A new tournament is coming to Tron: Fork

Fork is a 1v1 Fasttrack tournament with a cap of 16 players. More info can be found here.

The tournament will be held on Saturday, August 30, 2014 and Sunday, August 31, 2014

The sign ups have closed. You can view the bracket here.
Last edited by D33P on Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Go Fork Yourself (new tourney)

Post by sinewav »

Glad to see such a popular server with an active community get serious. Good luck! :)
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

Hi everyone!

I'm not really associated with this tournament, but I wrote a little signup page for it (just a script to keep track of sign-ups and to automatically open at the right time, nothing special).

The signup page is located at http://durf.tk/fork
If anyone has any trouble connecting to the first URL, try: http://durf.bugs3.com/fork
If anyone still has trouble connecting to both, send me a PM or email explaining the situation and I guess I'll sign you up for you.

The signup form will automatically open on July 1st at 10pm EDT (approximately 26 hours from this post).
Just refresh the page to check if it opened. (EST vs EDT; for most, they are the same right now)

GL HF ;D

P.S - if anyone would like the signup script I wrote (to use for other tourneys) feel free to PM me.
D33P
Average Program

Post by D33P »

Sign ups are now open! Please review the updated rules at http://bit.do/forked-rules before you sign up.

aM|Mal

Post by aM|Mal »

Hope this will turn out good...I'm sure we all have fond memories of the last one!
:pacman: :sdot: :sdot: :sdot: :sdot:
D33P
Average Program

Post by D33P »

The brackets are up! You can view them on the wiki here.

Thanks to those who signed up, and get ready for a great tournament!
Nanu Nanu
Core Dumper

Post by Nanu Nanu »

It would be nice if you did sign ups like all the other tournaments, on the wiki, so I would at least know why I was left out :c
Edit: nvm I reread the wiki bit about it being a raffle and not order of sign up, for whatever reason
Prema wrote:The second match starts, a new beginning,
Nanu and Prema, Sui and Ninja,
versus those same old hoes grinning.
D33P
Average Program

Post by D33P »

We did not receive any sign ups with the name Nanu.

We usually send multiple emails before the sign up period ends to people that provided their email, either confirming they signed up correctly or reminding them if something went wrong. In general, if you provided an email in your sign up and have not received an email by 3 days prior to the end of the sign up period, that usually means your entry was not correctly submitted.

Sorry for the confusion >.>
D33P
Average Program

Post by D33P »

Less than two hours to go until the Fork begins! Feel free to spectate any of the matches you wish. The tournament runs from 7 pm EDT to 9 pm EDT both today and tomorrow. The >>> FASTTRACK ULTIMATE 1v1 <<< server will be used for all matches.
D33P
Average Program

Post by D33P »

Results from the first day can be viewed here. Thanks to those that showed up today, and get ready for tomorrow!
D33P
Average Program

Post by D33P »

The tournament has concluded. I would like to thank everyone that signed up and participated in the tourney, as well as anyone who watched the matches. The full results of the Fork, as well as the list of shame (no shows), can be viewed here.

See you guys in 3 months for the next one!
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

Yea, and may the Fork be with you...