LADLE 36

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Re: LADLE 36

Post by Desolate »

This ladle seemed to run much smoother and quicker than the last one I played. Only problem was the wait between our first and second matches, but it was understandable because we went 2:0 while that match was 2:1. Good matches to the teams we faced.
Lord Pein
Round Winner

Post by Lord Pein »

Tremor wrote:Guys i am going to use one of the most popular trading card games on the planet as an example.

In the world of Yugioh, cards come out every now and then. Of course these cards are put through test and run through scenarios so they don't conflict with rules of the game and aren't too powerful. Powerful being they end the game too soon or cause way too much impact on the duel.So therefore after testing, the card is released. But with so many players out there. There are people who figure out what the card can do. They figure out combination's with that card and other cards that cause the game to be unfair.Then that is where Konami (Yugioh's Offcial Trading Card Company) Must take action by banning, limiting or semi limiting the card.

What i am basically saying is what Flex did is totally unfair. It did give their clan an advantage at being able to change over and switch who they face and what part of the bracket they get to be in. BUT, there is no rule against it. So all he did was discover a flaw in the system. So if there isn't a rule against it, we can't punish him. All we really can do is make a rule so it can't happen again.

Don't see Konami punishing duelists for discovering strategies that make duels totally one sided. And yes this is a fair comparison because Konami has tournaments and at these tournaments you can receive great prizes and even cards worth 1,300 dollars and more.

Sorry for long post i felt talkative this morning :D
Well, not really.

They ban and limit cards so you have to keep buying the new ones that are released.
http://i52.tinypic.com/11ipyet.png
Thursday July 22nd 2010: Airman's team beat Lizmatic's team in fortress.
DDMJ wrote:Good idea...but what if the arma player is Luke-jr :?
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

ladle was nice, gms all, am i the player who win a ladle with highest ping?
pd: now sp have 6 ladles won. adventaging 2 to CT(4) (nice final guys)
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Some recordings. Unceremoniously, because I'm personally disappointed about the post-bracket team shuffling and all the previous nonsense that has been going on. I think you guys NEED to move to a "community can punish players/teams even if they did not strictly violate rules" model; It's the only way I can see this surviving as a community organized event. We saw one rule getting violated last time without consequences, and now everyone with only a bit of evil in his soul noticed that they can behave like they want without receiving punishment.

opening_tx_vs_id.aarec
quarter_ww_vs_spd.aarec
semi_ct_vs_tx.aarec (incomplete)
semi_plus_vs_spd.aarec
final_ct_vs_spd.aarec
pike
Round Winner

Post by pike »

Gz SP, really good matches (well maybe except 2nd :P).
We made so many stupid mistakes it's unbelievable.
See you there next month :twisted:
PsYkO
Core Dumper

Post by PsYkO »

I would be for that Z if I feel comfortable with exiling the bias from the vote.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

congratz ct and ib!
Flex
Round Winner

Post by Flex »

Titanoboa wrote:You could've just brought it up on the forums back when you thought of it.
I did you annoying wankstain. Go read the threads that are based on these kind of discussions. You claimed that Word was only not against it because he was playing an easier team,. I guess you're the hypocrite that only got yourself involved and made a massive deal out of it because you were in IB. You then say something like "Who we [are/would be] up against doesn't matter" - Such bullshit, including the stuff about respect for the Ladle. I find that very very hard to believe coming from you.

Talk about exaggeration. "Flex and SP doing this and getting away with it means other teams will too in the future, and random brackets will be history." I guess last Ladle anonymous names didn't take off as expected after that, well maybe it did, considering Plus++ did it, but that's expected of some of those people.

Sinewav; I don't know wether to find it amusing or properly respond. You're trying to read lines that do not exist? Then blatantly lie or bullshit regarding how the placements of teams accured? There was never 3 teams and no team was ever added before the cutoff. The fact is ALL the players agreed to change teams and that's exactly what was done following the guidelines. However you try to word it - that's exactly what was only done.

Vanhayes; On the other hand you have a point, but I guess those previously signing up teams are also breaking rules. Such as the event of Last ladle with Lackadaisical signing up Team Binary. Are you only paying attention now to find something to point at? Check previous Ladles of Woned/Owned signing up CT teams and probably many, many more people doing the same thing. I don't know about you, but I paid attention. The accusation here is totally different to what you're saying.

I wasn't acting evil out of revenge as Insanity decided to say. I found it unfair that last Ladle Team Binary decided to use an advantage that was not necessary at all and they would have probably won without any such anonymity, but they decided to do so. This Ladle we got the chance to face them and we did and no other team was drastically affected other than maybe CT for losing as they might have had the chance to win against IB.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

sinewav wrote:...just because these guys are all in the same clan, that doesn't mean their teams are interchangeable.
What you did has the same effect as changing teams on the bracket after they have been randomized. Everyone can see through you. You're not fooling anyone with this story (well, maybe you fooled your clan). You know this is wrong, and you did it anyway. It's totally premeditated. If there is anything that qualifies as purposeful rule-breaking, this is it. Enjoy your lack of congratulations and the dwindling respect for your clan (we're all just jealous, right?)
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

gz sp.
Van-hayes
Round Winner

Post by Van-hayes »

You replaced an entire team roster with another team roster, just so you could get "revenge" on the team that beat you last time, by that logic IB could have switched with Pru if both agreed to it. It wasn't a rule that you cant switch entire teams and just leave the name, because really that should go without saying.

I wasn't aware lack signed up team bianary and wasn't a captain, I imagine it happens a lot, and really that's not the issue. I was pointing out how though you didnt break any "rules" with the other thing, you did doing something else. The more rules there are the more ways they will screw someone over down the line by accident, the ladle has a guideline, the rest should just be common sense/courtesy.

This shit has been increasing for a while(not only by SP) and its really starting to make the ladle a lot more hassle then its worth, I mean its supposed to be a fun competition where everyone plays on the same day, but it hasnt been that in a while. Some people just need to win now i guess, screw having fun playing a game.
You've gone too far, turn back!
-*inS*-
Round Winner

Post by -*inS*- »

Sorry I was unclear, personally I wanted to play for SPD to beat IB. People asked me in advance and I said I might, ultimately flex did what he did for his reasons and not mine (i was thinking nubi could def for our main team and I for spd)

anyways! Haha Liz don't take my comments to heart ;), you make me out to be a mindless idiot, but I don't recall talking in all caps and I said 5 not 532!
noob_saibot
Round Winner

Post by noob_saibot »

How does switching two teams not merit a team wide ban, and denouncing SP ladle victory? This victory should not count, period. That is insane, and even if it isn't a "written" rule, it seems pretty obvious that something of that nature is not allowed.
WINNER OF: Ladle 47 .... preSsure's mom & Durka's mom

"If you're not part of the freaks, you're part of the boredom." -Perry Farrell
Olive
Match Winner

Post by Olive »

Silly drama.

Childish behavior.

Bye.
Olive a.k.a ZeMu, MoonFlower & chicken.
PsYkO
Core Dumper

Post by PsYkO »

A lot has been made about this thing called "common courtesy".. Yeah thx for giving us that last ladle.

Ladle is to decide who the best team on that day is. We played the top two teams. Beat one overly convincingly. And CT v SP is always a toss up. SP was the best team today. I told myself after last ladle to stop complaining and put up or shut up. I suggest others do the same. It's a competition, stop treating it like a soap opera.