ACL?

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

bilbo baggins
Round Winner

ACL?

Post by bilbo baggins »

I made another topic to stir up some folly from chess lovers everywhere. Previously we have done an Armagetron Chess League (ACL) http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... &hilit=ACL , the format is as follows, the league is divided into divisions of 6 players, those players of the same division play each other as both black and white (1 match of each) and if subsequent seasons occur players are relegated/promoted between the divisions (kinda like football). Anyone that would be interested in participating please speak now in this topic, if we get enough people titan will think about resetting and going again.

P.S Don't think if you cant play chess very well you cant sign up, i dont think i won a game last season and i still really enjoyed myself, so long as you know the basics feel free to sign up, the more the merrier.
Pr3
Round Winner

Re: ACL?

Post by Pr3 »

I'm up for it again. 8) +1
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Oh wow I missed this topic until now, sorry bilbo. I saw the other one in the other subforum. Have only been able to skim some topics on these forums lately.

Anyway, I'm up for more chess with tronners, but I thought the live blitz (5|0) tournament was much more fun and intense than the 15|0 league matches.

The blitz tourney was intense. I'm thinking about setting up another one, just gotta find a good date to put it on.
blondie
Core Dumper

Post by blondie »

would be fun
bilbo baggins
Round Winner

Post by bilbo baggins »

yeh but i suck at quick chess, i need like an hour per move :D
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

bilbo baggins wrote:yeh but i suck at quick chess, i need like an hour per move :D
engine detected!
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

orion wrote:
bilbo baggins wrote:yeh but i suck at quick chess, i need like an hour per move :D
engine detected!
lol!

How's Sunday 26th for you guys? Ladle time, ish. We need to get AT LEAST 4 players, but hopefully 8-12. Would be awesome. It would be fun if more newbies wanted to play, not because I need more points to beat blondie but because crazy noob blitz is awesome fun to play and watch :D anything can happen. mayhem
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

I'd be up for losing to everyone again, but I can't commit until closer to the date. ;x
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Titanoboa wrote:

newbies
There's more than one?!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

Titanoboa wrote:
orion wrote:
engine detected!
lol!

How's Sunday 26th for you guys? Ladle time, ish. We need to get AT LEAST 4 players, but hopefully 8-12. Would be awesome. It would be fun if more newbies wanted to play, not because I need more points to beat blondie but because crazy noob blitz is awesome fun to play and watch :D anything can happen. mayhem
Will let you know closer to the date.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

Since there's at least some moderate interest, let's say Sunday 26th. If I recall correctly, that's when summer time ends in Europe so bilbo will naturally show up an hour early.

I'll make a wiki page for us to sign up to. Using the forums for signing up works fine, but it might make it less inviting for others to join or something, I don't know. Anyway, wiki it is.

Help spread the word about this. If you suck, make sure you invite people who suck even more :mrgreen:

All jokes aside, the last blitz tourney was a blast and I'm looking forward to this.

Here's the table (and all the games) from the ACL blitz.

Come to think of it, the spreadsheet is made for max 12 players, so this tourney is gonna have max 12 spots.
bilbo baggins
Round Winner

Post by bilbo baggins »

yeh lets do this, i use the element of surprise in my chess matches, meaning i make the dumbest moves imaginable to distract my opponent from the end goal... dammit now you all know my tactics. Oh well now i have an excuse for losing.

bilbo the pawn slayer in
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

I made a wiki page! Sign up now!

http://wiki.armagetronad.org/index.php/Arma_Blitz

It'll be played on 20:00 GMT on Sunday. Make sure you be there, the last time was intense and fun for players of all levels even though there were a few landslide wins.
We're anything from total beginners to almost-good-yet-confused, so don't be afraid.

I can't make it any earlier than that because of reasons, so you euros will have to live with it starting 9 pm, but on the other hand it doesn't last too long, if even a full hour. I don't quite remember how long the last one was.

Sign up on the wiki, if for whatever reason you can't, you can show your interest here in this thread.

Maybe I should make a whole new thread where I can modify the subject and get peoples' attention, but tomorrow then because must sleep :)
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

I'm in. :-)
Be careful with time zones on sunday; but the wiki page has you covered.
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

just a bump. We have 6 players signed up, which is awesome. If anyone else wants to join, there's still time to sign up today.