Hashpickup server browser doesn't show port numbers any more

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
Monkey
Match Winner

Hashpickup server browser doesn't show port numbers any more

Post by Monkey »

I've just noticed that the hashpickup server browser doesn't show the port number for most servers any more. My client's server browser is borked so I really need to use the hashpickup server browser instead. Is there any reason that this has happened? Is there a solution?
Playing since December 2006
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Re: Hashpickup server browser doesn't show port numbers any

Post by LittleSteps »

Monkey wrote:I've just noticed that the hashpickup server browser doesn't show the port number for most servers any more. My client's server browser is borked so I really need to use the hashpickup server browser instead. Is there any reason that this has happened? Is there a solution?

You could always use another server browser, but what do you mean? The Hashpickup server browser shows the server ports for me, and any server that doesn't have them showing either has a custom IP or is probably using the default port, just click on the server name while in the hash pickup browser.

I have also been having some trouble with the server browser so I do not think you are the only one with this issue, are you using 0.3?

http://armanelgtron.tk/ / Lightron.org

Or if you are on mac I know you can open his terminal application that pings all the servers with their information, ip, etc; which if you are using a client 0.3+ you can custom connect to them all. Not sure about windows.
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

I'm using 0.4 btw.

As for the hashpickup browser, only some of the servers show the port number that they are using, many don't show any port at all.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

You can use http://lightron.org/Browser and click the server name for the armagetronad:// link. If you hover, your browser should show the ip:port as well, or just copy link address.
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

Thanks Light, that will come in useful.