0.2.9 sty+ct+ap download

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Re: 0.2.9 sty+ct+ap download

Post by aP|Nelg »

Light wrote:
aP|Nelg wrote: should be like compiling sty+ct

+ap doesnt have THAT much of a difference :o
From what Lover said, he added pretty much everything 0.4 had plus some. I never really confirmed it, but that was the impression he gave? That seems like it'd be a decent jump. I also don't really know what all Windows needs special for it, so I can't really have any realistic idea if it'd work or not. I could guess, and I'd guess not if he didn't keep up with it, but I don't know either way so I didn't want to give false info.
Are you refering to 0.4+ap which is a branch that he gave up on and deleted?

sty+ct+ap doesnt have everything 0.4 has, but it has stuff that 0.4 doesn't... if sty+ct+ap had everything 0.4 had, than Vertrex (also known as LoverBoy) probably wouldn't have tried to make an 0.4+ap...
Durf
Match Winner

Re: 0.2.9 sty+ct+ap download

Post by Durf »

Things like that tab auto complete feature thing, in color too.

sty+ct+ap was given some of the things 0.4 had (the things that COULD be added I think; some things couldn't)

Then there were extras added in too, and a new DTD to go with the new stuff.

He also implemented plenty of suggestions posted on the alpha project forums.

Vertrex added a LOT.
... he added pretty much everything 0.4 had plus some.
^ This would be fair enough to say if you understand the limits of the 0.2 client, before it starts being a 0.4 client.
You can't expect it to be a 0.4 client because that's not what it is, though, it can do many of the things a 0.4 client can do "plus some" more things that no other client can do.
As for servers, I don't recall there being a lot of 0.4-ish features; still had those other additions though (like built in racing settings; no external script for racing server). So that means no ZonesV2 (afaik, didn't really check).
So "pretty much everything 0.4 had plus some". (not everything, but pretty much)

From what I know, Vertrex didn't do much with the 0.4 code, mostly because it wasn't all that supported (experimental). If it was in some stable territory, then I think he would have focused on 0.4+ap instead.