Compiling Sty Ct+AP on Mac OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Compiling Sty Ct+AP on Mac OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks

Post by LittleSteps »

Hey guys! Littlesteps again, I was actually moving from 0.4 to sty ct + ap and I decided I would like to compile this for mac but I kept having issues.

The first issue I was having is that when I downloaded the latest version of sty ct+ap and trying to compile I found out that this file had no bootstrap so I could not run ./bootstrap.sh. I tried to fix this error by copying an older ./bootstrap.sh from my 0.4 client and previous sty ct+ap builds which seemed to finally fix the problem.

Then as I started to run configure

Code: Select all

../configure --with-os-x-toolkit=/Users/username/os-x-toolkit
I ended up getting this error.

checking whether SDL is installed... ../configure: line 10393: sdl-config: command not found
../configure: line 10398: sdl-config: command not found
checking for SDL_Init... no
configure: error: You need the library SDL to compile Armagetron Advanced. Read the file doc/install_linux.html. 
I've thought this could have been the os-x-toolkit so I downloaded the latest version and recompiled it and what not but I still seem to keep getting this error.
I know the SDL framework is in the os-x-toolkit so I can't really find what the problem is.

Ive installed the framework on my mac and its also in this location.

/Users/username/os-x-toolkit/libraries/Frameworks/SDL.framework
I have read all the steps in README-Subversion but have got no luck!
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, LittleSteps!
Durf
Match Winner

Re: Compiling Sty Ct+AP on Mac OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks

Post by Durf »

To be perfectly honest, I don't know much about this (compiling tron / mac)..so this is just a guess:
It's looking in the wrong place?
Look at this and see if you can either move the sdl stuff to where it should be, or change the location that the configuration is looking in.

Good luck!