(RESOLVED) Keep Getting Taken Out of Tron

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
Ward

(RESOLVED) Keep Getting Taken Out of Tron

Post by Ward »

This strange issue popped up around a month ago. I had downloaded EA's origin installer, and another program which I deleted soon after. Around this time, I noticed that while playing tron, the game would randomly get minimized. Usually when I would click on its icon again, the game would immediately minimize again, and this time my cursor would fly to the corner of the screen. I'm guessing this is a problem with a program, but as this happens regardless if everything is closed or not, it could also be OS related. I use Windows 7 on a computer from 2009, and my processor is an AMD Athlon II X4 640. Any ideas?

-Thanks
Last edited by Ward on Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Keep Getting Taken Out of Tron

Post by sinewav »

Sounds like it is related to the OS. What version of Armagetron are you running? I have heard of this happening with other programs so I'm not inclined to think Arma is the culprit. Sounds like you have some program running in the background trying to steal focus. One thing you can try is toggling the following option and see if it makes a difference:

System Setup >> Display Settings >> Screen Mode >> Keep Window Active <ON/OFF>

If that doesn't help, attach you user.cfg to this thread so we can take a look. (Do a search on your machine for user.cfg if you don't know where it is.)

EDIT: It is also possible you have a hot-key combination you are not aware of causing your OS to minimize windows. For example, Win+D shows the Windows desktop.
Ward

Re: Keep Getting Taken Out of Tron

Post by Ward »

Thanks for responding to this. I have the most recent version of arma, and I tried changing my system settings and deleting some programs that may have caused trouble. So far, after a few hours of playing, no incidents have occurred, so I will tentatively say that this has been resolved.