Brawl Servers

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
Core Dumper

Brawl Servers

Post by *16 »

Hi all,

We have a problem with Brawl servers since Brawl 28. At the begin of a new round lots of players (mostly 0.4 clients) get a black screen while the round starts. The solution we have found is disconnecting and just entering the team again. Nanu, Tru & I were searching for possible solutions and explanations but we still haven't found any.

Does anyone has a clue or an idea or even some time to take a look at this? It's quite frustrating if 6 out of 8 players have to leave and come back in a tournament. The settings we use are the one bellow here. They haven't changed since Brawl 2 or something so those shouldn't be the problem we thought.

Settings

Thanks in advance!
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Brawl Servers

Post by Light »

This has been a problem in my servers for quite a while, but only with Brawl settings. People have posted about it before, but nobody seemed to care. They just wrote it off as a problem with my server.

Not sure what causes it, but the only difference between my Brawl server and other servers is what's in them settings. I would have to assume something in there is the cause.

I know this ain't very helpful, but I would guess from what I've experienced it's something to do with the server and settings, not the clients. I've heard people on 0.2.8 and 0.4 both saying about it in the past.

I use 0.2.9-sty+ct_alpha_r785 at the moment, though I'm nost sure if the problem occured in my server this time around. I've always used sty+ct though, just different builds.
Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

Ok, I tested some stuff with new settings on theo's server but it didn't help.

I got a screenshot of a warning between the first two rounds.

Any ideas?
Attachments
Schermafbeelding 2014-05-16 om 20.41.06.png
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Would this have anything to do with the max_in/out_rate?
Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

I have no idea. I looked around a bit and default values are 8.

In the normal brawl cfg they are set 100 or something, in the settings I tested in theo's server I deleted those commands because they didn't mention them in ladle.cfg neither. Just to test out some thing.

I could try again by making those a lot higher but I'm not sure what it even does.
Tru
Round Winner

Post by Tru »

WW CTF server does not have changed max_in/out rates, but 0.4 clients still crash in there.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Try and get a server-side recording to capture a crash and post the debug here. Maybe there is something of value there?
Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

If I could crash I would love to make one, but helas, I don't black out at all.

Maybe Magi or vov can do this?
Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

Magi wrote:http://www.trontimes.com/repository/ind ... directory=& <-- direct download link

http://www.trontimes.com/repository/fil ... rash.aarec Recording of the CTF crash on .4, hopefully this is useful in figuring out what the problem is
Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

Is there anyone with some knowledge about debug recording would could help with this? This issue has been bothering brawl for several months now and it's kinda sucky...

I wish I could do it myself but I don't even have an idea how to start with it...