Client - Maximum Port

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Client - Maximum Port

Post by Light »

Is there a way to save the min/max port settings on the client? I know I can modify the source, but I always forget to and then I don't feel like redoing it for that. I just figure, since it's a setting from the menu, there should be a way to save it? I can't even find a command for it to stick in an autoexec file.

Just something that's bothered me for a while, so curious if there's an easy answer.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: Client - Maximum Port

Post by Z-Man »

Can't check right now, but I think they are configurable in the settings.cfg file. The reason they are not auto-stored like other menu items is that there is a good chance users modify them, forget about them and then wonder later why their LAN server browser is empty.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Z-Man wrote:Can't check right now, but I think they are configurable in the settings.cfg file. The reason they are not auto-stored like other menu items is that there is a good chance users modify them, forget about them and then wonder later why their LAN server browser is empty.
I only see the client port and server port settings in there, which are both 4534. Other than that, the bookmark ports and master bookmark ports.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Yep, I was wrong. They are not configurable. You'll have to modify the source, it's in src/tron/gServerBrowser.cpp, variables gServerBrowser::low/highPort.
I should probably make them sticky and just clamp them to sensible values on load (so they always include the standard port plus one or two up).
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

I've gotten a working thing going for in our +ap source code. Check it out here: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~armagetron ... vision/999