aagid server is down

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
ColonelJ

aagid server is down

Post by ColonelJ »

No one seems to be able to log in to the game using @aagid accounts, and going to aagid.net website I got 302 redirected to a 'Kerio Control' login page at https://aagid.net:4081/login/index.php

Clearly this is very unusual since this is used to control gateway firewall software and it is serving port 80, suggesting it's not resolving the correct machine or there's some kind of misconfiguration/hack on the server.

I must ask that this be sorted out ASAP and I would of course appreciate any information on the matter that anyone can find.

Cheers,
LOLrus
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: aagid server is down

Post by Light »

For the time being, you could use like ColonelJ@forums or get an account @lightron.org at http://lightron.org/Authentication

There's many others, but these are my first to mind for obvious reasons ..

Oh, also .. It's connecting to port 4081. What's on port 80 seems to just be a redirect at the moment.
ColonelJ

Post by ColonelJ »

That's what I said, port 80 redirects to port 4081.

I think you're kind of missing the point of authentication, it's meant to tie a known trusted name e.g. colonelj@aagid to an identity. If you log in using some other random name as far as the server is concerned you're a completely different person and don't have any rights linked to the old name.

Of course it's possible to establish new authentication for everyone but that's a whole lot of hassle for all concerned and could also take a long time; much better if the authentication server just works again as expected (and keeps working).

Configuring new exotic 3rd party authentication servers is even more unnecessary effort, and makes the login useless everywhere it is not accepted, so I don't see any point in that if the widely accepted @forums auth is still going strong.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

ColonelJ wrote:I think you're kind of missing the point of authentication, it's meant to tie a known trusted name e.g. colonelj@aagid to an identity. If you log in using some other random name as far as the server is concerned you're a completely different person and don't have any rights linked to the old name.
I'm not missing the point. The point right now is that we don't know how long it will be down, so using an alternative until it comes back or switching to a different one all together pretty much makes sense. It's better to set a new user as admin/mod/whatever than it is to have to be op'd until it comes back.
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

Aagid is not run by anyone that frequents this forum, as far as I know. It was setup by Angel from http://armagetron.co.uk/ and someone else who's name I can't recall. Your best bet is to try and contact someone on there, but I don't think Angel has been online for some time.

On a side note, you know A2A don't you? How is he? Not spoken to him for months.
noob13
Average Program

Post by noob13 »

The guy who runs @aagid hasn't been seen in over a year. I can try sending him a PM but I'm afraid the chances of reaching him are minimal. I've tried it before.
ColonelJ

Post by ColonelJ »

@noob13: if it's not too much trouble, can't see much harm in trying.

@Potter: On that side note, sounds like you've spoken to him more recently than I, he never shows up online on anything any more and I have no idea what's happened to him. I don't spend much time in the North any more, nor on the Cheers server. Would be quite interested to speak to him actually, if you could send him my way (and make sure to let him know I'm now also going under the name LOLrus and that I'm running a YS server, so he can find a way to make contact...). Thanks man.
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

I messaged him like last Christmas on Facebook, took him about 6 months to reply x.x
noob13
Average Program

Post by noob13 »

Saragei was able to get in contact with Dominique. There were some DNS issues that have been fixed now, and @aagid should be working again.