cockpit q

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
Vogue
Match Winner

Re: cockpit q

Post by Vogue »

XzL.Smart wrote:I switched over to on of the versions that fman provides above(r1512), and it works perfectly on both computers now. That version also seems to be much more stable.
Alright, so I switched to this version but then when I try to use cockpits, I get this error:

(I do not get this error in v2069)
Attachments
2013-12-05_22-16-49_1.png
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

Vogue wrote:[…] then I try to use one from the cockpits page on wiki or this one, and it goes back to the same problem. […]
This one doesn't display your ping, but I made a modified version for you that does (diff of changes):

Code: Select all

COCKPIT_FILE liz/cockpits/essentialremix-1.aacockpit.xml(http://generalconsumption.org/armagetronad/resource/liz/cockpits/essentialremix-1.aacockpit.xml)
Vogue wrote:Alright, so I switched to this version but then when I try to use cockpits, I get this error: […]
I think this error indicates that the build you're using wasn't created correctly. The game should include AATeam/cockpit-0.3.1-c.dtd (it's created from sortresources.py). Perhaps fman23 can look into that.

I really dislike the current cockpit implementation. It's too complex and user-unfriendly. Sorry wrtl.
XzL.Smart
Round Winner

Post by XzL.Smart »

Here's(right click>save as) the dtd that you need to put in

C:\Users\[name]\AppData\Roaming\Armagetron\resource\automatic\AATeam
No idea why that isn't on the arma resource repository anymore, but whatever..
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

No. It was a bug which dlh just fixed

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

dlh wrote:
Vogue wrote:[…] then I try to use one from the cockpits page on wiki or this one, and it goes back to the same problem. […]
This one doesn't display your ping, but I made a modified version for you that does (diff of changes):

COCKPIT_FILE liz/cockpits/essentialremix-1.aacockpit.xml(http://generalconsumption.org/armagetronad/resource/liz/cockpits/essentialremix-1.aacockpit.xml)
Vogue wrote:Alright, so I switched to this version but then when I try to use cockpits, I get this error: […]
I think this error indicates that the build you're using wasn't created correctly. The game should include AATeam/cockpit-0.3.1-c.dtd (it's created from sortresources.py). Perhaps fman23 can look into that.

I really dislike the current cockpit implementation. It's too complex and user-unfriendly. Sorry wrtl.
Oh yeah, sorry. I meant to link a different cockpit (almost the same one) that had ping on it, but this is even better! Thanks.

Unfortunately, even after doing what Smart suggested, I still get errors:

(I guess it's an issue with the client :< if only I wasn't a noob and could compile)
Attachments
2013-12-06_12-37-40.png
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Bump; this still isn't fixed. :<
Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

I had this error too when trying to use my cockpit from the link where it's located.

I fixed it by just downloading it manual and placing it the subfolder. This way it does work. I know this isn't probably the right way to fix it but it works.

My ping also indicates always 0 tho. dlh, is z2135 the latest you build? Since in that version my ping still says 0.