Keep on being logged out?

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Keep on being logged out?

Post by Light »

Connecting to another device on your local network would utilize your internal IP. The IP I'm talking about is your external IP. The one servers see when you connect. You can check yours at WhatIsMyIP.

This is likely dynamic as well. You probably see your internal IP change around the same time because it's when your router resets as well if it's a power outage or something, or if the router and modem are in one device.

You could solve the issue with your Wii by setting a static IP. This would connect you to the same IP each time you connect to your router. There's guides for most routers on Port Forward.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

The link you gave me gives me a different IP from when I google "what is my IP", or when I stream and have to note the IP.
I really do not 'ave a clue about this stuff
I really think you overestimate how clued up I am!
I can make servers on arma (good server's as well) but there's a lot of stuff that I've not even bothered looking in to.
I probably should, 'cause, I think I'm quite good at it ( If I'm interested *like I was for this game*).
The problem with this is: Idon't even know where to begin, and/or what questions I should be asking :|

You ask me if I like Pizza, and my reply is "Yes, cheese is yummy".
It's kind'a the same if you know what I'm getting at :star:
Light

Post by Light »

Start trying to narrow down the reasons. My previous posts have given a starting point .. See if the browser is the reason.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Yes... No, It's not the reason as far as I see.
It's not really a big deal, I don't mind clicking "login", just that I thought it couldn't just be me.

I will never change browser either... CHROME is the one :)
Light

Post by Light »

I wasn't talking about changing browsers for good. I was talking about comparing the way each is handling your cookies to help narrow down the reasoning for it. Anyways, if you don't find it to be that big of a deal, then neither do I. :P
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Yeah more about the topic being here if others have the same problem more that me caring.
Input was appreciated though.
Someone who gets really annoyed at it and happens to search it will also appreciate it, so, it was never wasted time! Thanks. :)