Login failed: Local user WULF not found

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
WULF

Login failed: Local user WULF not found

Post by WULF »

Hi all,

I have problems with my player authentication (to play on some servers.....). The problem is quiet intersting:

Computer 1: Windows -> Login works
Computer 2: Linux (Ubuntu 14 - since today morning) -> Login failed

I had the same Problem some years ago as I swiched to a new computer with another operating system (because of that i have two accounts in here -> Hype & WULF....).

Can someone help me?

P.S.: I tried all possible combinations like WULF / WULF@forums / WULF@Forums - and I am able to login in here.......

Besr regards,
WULF
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Login failed: Local user WULF not found

Post by ConVicT »

That's a weird one.
I was gonna suggest logging out and in from here, but since you've had that account for a year+, I'm guessing you've done that many a times.

Your username is definitely WULF@forums
Maybe try changing your password and then log back in here first before you try in game.
Only thing I can suggest, or you can wait on someone that has a clue :?
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

WULF wrote:(Ubuntu 14 - since today morning)
Was there a recent package update? I know Ubuntu is getting ready for the next LTS release. Perhaps something was overwritten? Has login ever worked on that Ubuntu machine? Maybe go into you user.cfg file and make sure you have read/write access, and delete the PASSWORD entries and start over?
WULF

Post by WULF »

Hi ConVicT,

thanks for your answer. I changed the pasword an tried to log in but it dont't worked.
I hope someone else has an idea regarding this problem (I dont want to create a third account :o )

Thanks in advance,
WULF
WULF

Post by WULF »

Hi Sinewav,

Thanks for your answer.
Was there a recent package update? I know Ubuntu is getting ready for the next LTS release. Perhaps something was overwritten? Has login ever worked on that Ubuntu machine?
The login has never worked on this machine (new installed).
Maybe go into you user.cfg file and make sure you have read/write access, and delete the PASSWORD entries and start over?
I found this file and I have all access privileges. I am not 100% sure which string u mean?

-> There is a row with the string "PASSWORD" then "a lot of numbers" then "a string with some special characters" then "WULF@forums"

Btw.: I started armegetron from the console as root and the login dont worked, too...

Best regards,
WULF
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

WULF wrote:to play on some servers
Do you mean you can login with it on some servers but not on others, or do you mean when you're logging into servers that specifically need authentication?
I ask because if it does let you login on some servers then that changes the whole problem.
WULF

Post by WULF »

Hi,

i mean that a cant login on all servers. On some I can play because there is no authentication needed.

Best regards,
WULF
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

That error message means you are attempting to log in to an account local to the server you are connected to. Use /login WULF@forums and tell us what error comes up if any.
WULF

Post by WULF »

Hi Epsy,

Login failed, reason: Local user WULF@forums not found.

Best regards,
WULF
Renegade
Core Dumper

Post by Renegade »

Are you typing /login and entering your login details in the login prompt? If so, don't.
epsy wrote:Use /login WULF@forums
Enter this into your chat when you connect to a server, and enter your password when it prompts you to, and you'll be fine.
WULF

Post by WULF »

Hi Renegade,

yes, it is the same procedure as on windows (on windows it works fine).

I think it is a different problem (playerconfig):

-> hide global id was set off
-> At global id was nothing written down
-> Auto login was set to off

After this changings (set them to on and wrote down my id) the login works.

!! But after trying to connect after some time (restart of the computer) I typed in the wrong password and
there came the same error (sure). So, I tried it with the correct password and it wont work again.

It seems that the server gives me just one chance to type in the correct password, if it is wrong I have to restart the game and try it again......

Can this be true?

WULF
woof
Round Winner

Post by woof »

It's cuz u stole my name ;(
WULF

Post by WULF »

Hello Wolf,

there is an important difference:

Wolf
WULF

But we have a lot together :D

P.S.: In germany there is a saga about the Wolfgaenger's (warriors in wolfskins).
They were fighting together but looking more or less the same :wink:

Best regards,
WULF
WULF

Post by WULF »

Hello all,
!! But after trying to connect after some time (restart of the computer) I typed in the wrong password and
there came the same error (sure). So, I tried it with the correct password and it wont work again.

It seems that the server gives me just one chance to type in the correct password, if it is wrong I have to restart the game and try it later again......
The problem (login failed) ist still existing on some servers (I am a bit afraid that I can not play the ladle because of that).

How fast is the syncronisation regarding the gameservers and this homepage?

One additional information:
I have mostly problems with the connection to the master server (no maser server available) so the server list is not regularly refreshed.
-> Contains the server list a reference to the login informations (maybe stupid question)?

It would be great if someone can (try to) help me with this problem.

Best regards,
WULF
Nagi
Core Dumper

Post by Nagi »

WULF wrote: The problem (login failed) ist still existing on some servers (I am a bit afraid that I can not play the ladle because of that).
o, who are you playing for? people can /op you, no need to worry :)