Code Blocks Compiling

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
Infa(mous)
Round Winner

Code Blocks Compiling

Post by Infa(mous) »

Well... I've given up on cross-compiling... Too much effort...
So, I've moved on to Code::Blocks, and I have the Dedicated (what I want) compiling from the 0.2.8 source.
However, When I try to actually build, I get this error.

-------------- Build: Dedicated - Win32 Release in Dedicated ---------------

Linking console executable: ..\dist\armagetronad_dedicated.exe
mingw32-g++.exe: .\libZThread.a: No such file or directory
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

You need the current winlibs package from svn/bzr, not the one downloadable from sourceforge.
Infa(mous)
Round Winner

Post by Infa(mous) »

I have the current bzr 0.2.8 winlibs package :/

EDIT:
I realized that I had to build ZThread. Sorry for my idiocy xD
Infa(mous)
Round Winner

Post by Infa(mous) »

It is now close to finishing building, but I get a few errors related to tColor...

Linking console executable: ..\dist\armagetronad_dedicated.exe
tmp\Armagetron_Dedicated___Win32_Release\armagetronad\src\render\rFont.o:rFont.cpp:(.text+0x52f): undefined reference to `tColor::tColor()'
tmp\Armagetron_Dedicated___Win32_Release\armagetronad\src\render\rFont.o:rFont.cpp:(.text+0x8f5): undefined reference to `tColor::tColor()'
tmp\Armagetron_Dedicated___Win32_Release\armagetronad\src\render\rFont.o:rFont.cpp:(.text+0xdc5): undefined reference to `tColor::tColor()'
tmp\Armagetron_Dedicated___Win32_Release\armagetronad\src\render\rFont.o:rFont.cpp:(.text+0x1a06): undefined reference to `tColor::tColor()'
tmp\Armagetron_Dedicated___Win32_Release\armagetronad\src\render\rFont.o:rFont.cpp:(.text+0x1a23): undefined reference to `tColor::tColor()'
tmp\Armagetron_Dedicated___Win32_Release\armagetronad\src\tools\tString.o:tString.cpp:(.text+0x3721): more undefined references to `tColor::tColor()' follow
tmp\Armagetron_Dedicated___Win32_Release\armagetronad\src\tools\tString.o:tString.cpp:(.text+0x373a): undefined reference to `tColor::tColor(char const*)'
tmp\Armagetron_Dedicated___Win32_Release\armagetronad\src\tools\tString.o:tString.cpp:(.text+0x375d): undefined reference to `tColor::IsDark()'
tmp\Armagetron_Dedicated___Win32_Release\armagetronad\src\ui\uMenu.o:uMenu.cpp:(.text+0xef): undefined reference to `tColor::tColor(float, float, float, float)'
tmp\Armagetron_Dedicated___Win32_Release\armagetronad\src\ui\uMenu.o:uMenu.cpp:(.text+0x164): undefined reference to `tColor::tColor(float, float, float, float)'
tmp\Armagetron_Dedicated___Win32_Release\armagetronad\src\ui\uMenu.o:uMenu.cpp:(.text+0x19e): undefined reference to `tColor::tColor(float, float, float, float)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (3 minutes, 11 seconds)
10 errors, 11 warnings

I'm guessing that it might be related to the fact that there is no tColor.o in tmp\Armagetron_Dedicated___Win32_Release\src\tools?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Yep. The project files are not up to date. Just add tools/tColor.cpp to the dedicated project.
Infa(mous)
Round Winner

Post by Infa(mous) »

K. Thanks Z-man :D
Infa(mous)
Round Winner

Post by Infa(mous) »

It finished compiling, and now I have a distribution finished... But I would love to make it into an installer package. How could I do that? I have armagetronad_dedicated.nsi... But don't know quite what to do with it.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Look for the Nullsoft Scritable Install System. Remember that if you distribute a compiled version of Armagetron, you have to make the source available as well.
Infa(mous)
Round Winner

Post by Infa(mous) »

EDIT: Nvrmind. Got it to work. Thanks, Tank.
Infa(mous)
Round Winner

Post by Infa(mous) »

Actually... Where would I include version.h if I want it to change the version from CVS?
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

You would just edit version.h, I think.
Infa(mous)
Round Winner

Post by Infa(mous) »

0.2.8 Doesn't have a version.h :(
I was just saying that I made one with the trunk tools -> 0.2.8 had nothing to change version with... :cry: