CVS test server

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

After spidey left, I saw in my console "Spidey has joined Team Blue". When we spawned, I saw Player 1.

I wish I had a recording, if it's going to be a client side bug. :(

So, here's what I saw (with the irrelevant stuff that I don't remember not included)

Spidey has left Team Blue.
Spidey has left the game.
Spidey has joined Team Blue.

*round starts, I see Player 1 and no spidey*

I think I only saw Player 1 has joined the game, but nothing about team. If your logs and stuff don't show it, then we should probably mark it as "Mysterious thing Lucifer saw that was probably his imagination".

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

It may have been code executed on the client that only was meant for the server again. I shuffled some things around, and file it as "Thing Lucifer saw that was probably a client bug that is fixed now" until it is seen again.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Code: Select all

[1]  --> : BUG I have a blank name
Hmm, I thought we already filtered incomplete trailing color codes from all strings sent from the client to the server. Apparently, I was wrong. Fixed.

[15] nemostultae: BUG I just kicked mom off gold (maybe)
As far as I can tell from the logs, mom issued a team change wish right before nemo.

[9] mhoese: lovely, i can run through walls
[9] mhoese: two times
[9] mhoese: lol
[4] joda.bot: BUG mhoese thought he drive through walls
Either mhoese was confused by the changed end-of-trail collision detection (it is now more tolerant, the end of the trail is always extrapolated and thus ahead of its position as seen from a non-predicting client), or it is a client bug. Nothing to do without a recording, I'm afraid.

I'll be testing the new "Time out" mechanism on the next server restart. The round will not start until all players have finished chatting. Within reasonable bounds, of course. I'll add code to filter out permanent chatbots later.
joda.bot
Match Winner

Post by joda.bot »

I found 2 bugs... both client side.

1) New glancing mode does not work on VERY fast servers,
the camera does not show the cycle anymore.

Failed to record this bug with latest cvs (except that the camera zooms out really far, on "Global Network Spacezone"). Guess I had a bad cvs-snapshot build I used previously.

The camera zoom out might be a WONT_FIX ;).

2) If I switch between fullscreen mode on fortress I get a huge amout lag of afterwards (this might be correct as it takes sometime to switch).
But I guess it got worse since beta4. Can you disable lag measurement right before switching and turn it back on afterwards ? Or just damp it's impact on the lag prediction function as it's only temporary.

Recording attached. (close to server restart :|)

Windows Code fixes:
eVoter.cpp:446 DoGetDetails() wrote: operator &&' is ambiguous

if ( se_votingPrivacy <= -1 && bool(suggestor_) )
Already fixed while testing: Changed visibility of eVoteItem::items_ to protected.
Attachments
armagetronad.rec.collection.tar.gz
2 "BUG" on CVS Testserver Fortress (shortly before reboot :P)

+ extreme camera zoom out on network spacezone.
(929.48 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
Your_mom
Match Winner

Post by Your_mom »

z-man wrote:

[15] nemostultae: BUG I just kicked mom off gold (maybe)
As far as I can tell from the logs, mom issued a team change wish right before nemo.
Thats correct, right after that i told nemo the same thing.
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

z-man wrote:I'll be testing the new "Time out" mechanism on the next server restart. The round will not start until all players have finished chatting. Within reasonable bounds, of course. I'll add code to filter out permanent chatbots later.
I played tonight, and it can get a little annoying. Some players may just turn on chat just to annoy people and make them wait.

You can also create a little spam by repeatedly going in and out of "chat" mode (the fastest method is to press the escape key), because the server reports how much time is left each time you do it. This covers up any real chat that may have happened during that time. It is really annoying when multiple players do it.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Noted. I disabled the feature for now and will do something against the spam.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

[4] lag: BUG:  Something is wrong with the code that gives points for deaths
[4] lag: I am dying on people's walls and they are not getting credit
That's a new feature, sorry for not announcing it here. It's what Oscilloscope suggested basically. If last enemy influence recorded for your cycle is too old, your death counts as a suicide. Dead players' walls, at the then-current fortess settings, often counted as too old even if you crashed into them. I'll tweak the settings a bit.

The change also means that now, teamkills later in the round are recognized with better precision. Fight a little with the enemy, then crash into the front of a teammate's wall to find out.

[2] joda.bot: BUG did not see death message for hyrulian
Same problem, and suicides without score penalty were not announced. They will be after the next restart.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

I noticed that teamkills now include the player that died. :) Thanks, that makes keeping track of who's alive much easier.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
meriton
Round Winner

bug report: "netowork error"

Post by meriton »

Tonight I have been forcibly disconnected from the server rather frequently (Message: "netowork error" [1]. Immediately before that, the console writes "meriton leaves meriton" a few dozen times). Every time I disconnected from the server this evening after 11 pm CET it was due to this bug. I'll try again now, hopefully it'll let me play for while :)

[1] The typo is quoted from screen.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

meriton: Could you try to make a clientside recording? The client seems to get an invalid packet from the server (the typo localizes the code quite well, it's in Cheater() in nNetObject.cpp), but of course, the server does not know anything about it.
The message flooding is an unrelated cleanup bug, I fixed something like that some days back. It also happens when you hit the boss key.

[2] lag: BUG:  Two users with same name, the '2' doesn't show up in Player Police
The server seems to send a false rename message. I'll dig deeper. Edit: the name doublette detection was done in a wrong place where it was possible to bypass it temporarily. Will be fixed on the next restart.
meriton
Round Winner

Post by meriton »

I have just played for 2 hours without it happening again.
meriton: Could you try to make a clientside recording?
I'll try to catch it next time it happens.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

All test servers (Fortress and sumo) will be down for the next couple of hours. Operating system upgrade or something. I'll restart them ASAP.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

[0] joda.bot committed suicide.
[6] joda.bot: BUG joda does not know how to suicide
Simple: crash without contact to an enemy wall for about ten seconds. "about" because the age of the enemy walls counts, too.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

[9] received logout from 9.
[9] joda.bot left the game.
[9] joda.bot leaves Team gold.
[9] Killing user 9, ping 0.0634694.
[9] Received login from 84.61.3.156:6212 via socket *.*.*.*:4536.
[9] New user: 9
[9] joda.bot entered the game.
[9] joda.bot plays for Team gold.
[9] joda.bot: gah hate does network errors
[9] joda.bot: BUG network timeout error
One of those things I'm waiting to see a clientside recording of, the same as meriton's recent bug. The server just thinks you logged out, no sign of an error here.