CVS test server

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Code: Select all

[1] lag: BUG:  I still can't vote in most polls
Can anyone say which client version lag is using? This bug was clientside. I'll ask him myself when I meet him online.

On Sumo:

[0] nemostultae core dumped ~*SP*~Tress for 5 points.
[0] nemostultae was awarded 5 points for conquering the enemy base.
[3] nemostultae: BUG didn't get any points
[0] nemostultae was eradicated by its collapsing zone.
[3] nemostultae: I got 5 last round
[3] nemostultae: wait, I'm not even on the team score list
[3] nemostultae: BUG I'm not on the team score list.
Interesting, but I'm afraid this is clientside, too. The score list is built from the team and player lists locally. Maybe nemo's team did not get transfered (he must have had one, otherwise he would not have been spawned). I suppose there is no clientside recording?
gnorty
Core Dumper

Post by gnorty »

who has time to check their points tally while playing sumo??
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Yeah, nemo left before I could tell him that I saw him just fine in the team scores list.

@gnorty: I have time to check my scores, anyway. ;) I'll check 'em while sumoing, not even waiting to die.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

I'm testing the new code that removes idle players (chatbot or just AFK) from the team on fortress. It should remove you from the game after one round plus some seconds for chatting. A known current bug is that sometimes, the one round is not required. It should be fixed after the next reset.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

By chance, I caught one of the "Team not appearing on list" bugs and fixed it. The reason whas that your own player would not accept sync messages from the server. The team actually gets added to the team list only after you join it locally, and no sync, no join. The fix is in nNetObject.cpp.
More symptoms of this: my Ping was displayed as zero, and I was not on a team on the score table.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Silly me :) Lag's vote bug is already fixed in CVS. It was server code executing on the client. Sorry to the victims of the tests I ran yesterday...
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

The guy best known as [ffe]Pimp has been IP-banned from the test server. Every time he appeared, he was eventually vote-kicked into temproary banishment. If it wasn't for the frequent restarts and non-persistence of bans in recording mode, he'd be auto-banned for days every time that happens. Bit of a shame since he's a good player.

On happier news, the time-out function that waits for players to stop chatting is back. This time, it only listens to the team leaders, so there is less potential abuse.
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

I've also had the "ping is 0" bug once. Sorry, I don't have a recording of team not appearing bug (hopefully the one you caught fixed it).
gnorty
Core Dumper

Post by gnorty »

the time-out function that waits for players to stop chatting is back. This time, it only listens to the team leaders, so there is less potential abuse.
who is team leader?

does this mean if one person talks, the server waits otherwise it continues?

also, several times tonight the server froze at the end of the round, just the black screen with some talking. much longer than normal restarts
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

gnorty wrote:who is team leader?
The player who is on the team longest. The guy in the middle.
gnorty wrote:does this mean if one person talks, the server waits otherwise it continues?
Only if it's one of the team leaders, and only before the round has started.
gnorty wrote:also, several times tonight the server froze at the end of the round, just the black screen with some talking. much longer than normal restarts
That's the effect. There should be a message saying "Waiting for up to X seconds for Y to finish chatting" to tell you what is going on. And a while ago, I increased the time the server waits for clients to sync because there were lots of clients that could not keep up.
Speedracer
Match Winner

Post by Speedracer »

Sweet. 8)
We are here today to talk about tomorrow. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow will soon be today.
meriton
Round Winner

Post by meriton »

When connecting tonight, my client displayed cycles outside the grid until the round ended.
Attachments
network init bug.zip
(37.41 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

The same happens reproducibly when you set your network bandwidth rate really low. The client initializes the map before it gets the right size command. I'll have to rework the "wait for sync" code to fix it, but the effect usually only hits in the round you don't play on anyway, so I'd suggest we live with it for now.

[7] hang: BUG: I Didnt Spawn
FEATURE: hang was in chatbot mode for longer than one round. The server removes those players from the game now. Of course, the thresholds are configurable.
meriton
Round Winner

Post by meriton »

I got a recording of the "netowork error". It is 68 MB. Shall I really post it?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

The long sought after one where your client disconnects from the server without reason? Sure it's not the server restarting? (Well, I've got to ask that.) I guess that would be worth it then. If you don't have a place to put it or don't want to split it for the forum, mail it to manuel at moosnet.de.