Tronny Discussion

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...

How should the 2013 Tronny Awards be ran?

With nominees (community chosen)
80%
With no Nominees
20%

Total votes: 15

Soul
Match Winner

Tronny Discussion

Post by Soul »

OK

It seems this is necessary.

It seems that everyone would like the chance to personally cast their own vote. So, I'm thinking that we can come up with the categories here and then let everyone put in their own votes and cast them on a thread.

Please vote on if you'd prefer there to be nominees or not. Also, reply to this thread with any categories you would like to have be included.
Last edited by Soul on Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Tronny Discussion

Post by sinewav »

How about you just let everyone pick the categories and nominees right here and now? Did you read what I wrote in that other thread? Can I clear it up for you somehow? Make Tronnies community driven. There is no need for you to predetermine categories and nominees. Sure you can pick your own of each, but allow everyone a chance to contribute. Categories that have less than two nominees should be dropped for the ballot. And, it's probably a good idea to drop any categories that are mean (racist, hateful) and/or redundant.
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

sinewav wrote:How about you just let everyone pick the categories and nominees right here and now? Did you read what I wrote in that other thread? Can I clear it up for you somehow? Make Tronnies community driven. There is no need for you to predetermine categories and nominees. Sure you can pick your own of each, but allow everyone a chance to contribute. Categories that have less than two nominees should be dropped for the ballot. And, it's probably a good idea to drop any categories that are mean (racist, hateful) and/or redundant.
That is what is being done in this thread?

I know this is a very hard concept for you to grasp, sinewav, but just let it play out.
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

since you edited your original post to incorporate sine's suggestion, I think it's pretty unfair of you to leave your snappy reply to him as is.
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

If we vote for nominees, how will the nominees be chosen? Are we just going off your and orion's list?
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

owned wrote:If we vote for nominees, how will the nominees be chosen? Are we just going off your and orion's list?
No, we can make new ones where the community somehow picks the nominees. I'm not sure how that would really work but I guess we will cross that bridge if the poll goes in favor of nominees

Edit: but after thinking about it I clarified it on the poll option -- thanks
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

This went down badly because it looked like there was some kind of attempt at influence or it was you two suggesting everyone vote out of the nominees you chose is all

Sine's suggestion is good but a bit serious as these were supposed to just be fun with a lil substance

1. Community decides on categories somehow
2. Community decides on nominees somehow (Anyone pm's their nominees? (I think it's better than voters deciding off the top of their head))
3. Select few vote for the winners (The pm list was a tad unrespresentative for example pr3 doesn't even play and there was no one from pheonix, expand that and you have your voters)

Essentially sines system but retaining the voting committee and original spirit of the awards
Nanu Nanu
Core Dumper

Post by Nanu Nanu »

Because of sine's new thread, this comment becomes silly \o/
Last edited by Nanu Nanu on Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prema wrote:The second match starts, a new beginning,
Nanu and Prema, Sui and Ninja,
versus those same old hoes grinning.
Nanu Nanu
Core Dumper

Post by Nanu Nanu »

This comment ALSO becomes silly :D
Last edited by Nanu Nanu on Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prema wrote:The second match starts, a new beginning,
Nanu and Prema, Sui and Ninja,
versus those same old hoes grinning.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Concord wrote:since you edited your original post to incorporate sine's suggestion, I think it's pretty unfair of you to leave your snappy reply to him as is.
Yeah real nice Soul. You are sooooo smooth with your ninja edits! You are totally the man for this job!

Anyway, this is turning into a disaster. I'm moving the party over here for anyone who want's an open, transparent, community-driven awards ceremony. I guess you can still have your secret one if you want. I'd rather set a good precedent instead.
Nagi
Core Dumper

Post by Nagi »

Hoax wrote: 3. Select few vote for the winners (The pm list was a tad unrespresentative for example pr3 doesn't even play and there was no one from pheonix, expand that and you have your voters)
When this began I was still in Phoenix, and tak is on the list as well, just saying.
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

sinewav wrote:
Concord wrote:since you edited your original post to incorporate sine's suggestion, I think it's pretty unfair of you to leave your snappy reply to him as is.
Yeah real nice Soul. You are sooooo smooth with your ninja edits! You are totally the man for this job!

Anyway, this is turning into a disaster. I'm moving the party over here for anyone who want's an open, transparent, community-driven awards ceremony. I guess you can still have your secret one if you want. I'd rather set a good precedent instead.
Cool, thanks. As long as we have the awards is all I care about. You seem to have quite a bit more time to spend on it. Good luck!
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

Nagi wrote:
Hoax wrote: 3. Select few vote for the winners (The pm list was a tad unrespresentative for example pr3 doesn't even play and there was no one from pheonix, expand that and you have your voters)
When this began I was still in Phoenix, and tak is on the list as well, just saying.
Don't see tak on there
Least this is sorted now anyways
Nagi
Core Dumper

Post by Nagi »

Soul wrote:Rookie of the year: Illusion, Nanu, Tak
Agreed.
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

Concord wrote:
Soul wrote:[wildcat Concord dreadlord AI-team orion Pr3 ElmosWorld DaGarBBaGeMAN Nagi woof Renegade]
This list :snail: :)