Random Screenshots Thread

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
-=VcL.Rajinn
Round Winner

Re: Random Screenshots Thread

Post by -=VcL.Rajinn »

most active clan in tron
most active clan in tron
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

only 10?, CT had 12-14 before one of the more recent ladles
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

No there was 8 of us in a server like it wasn't planned at all. We decided to do a 4v4 and during that 2 more VcL players showed up and we switched out players.
-=VcL.Rajinn
Round Winner

Post by -=VcL.Rajinn »

well, there are usually this many of us on every night, not just ladles :P
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Get your filthy clan shit out of here.

More mixed walls.
Attachments
MixedWalls3.png
MixedWalls4.png
MixedWalls5.png
-=VcL.Rajinn
Round Winner

Post by -=VcL.Rajinn »

Phytotron wrote:Get your filthy clan shit out of here.

More mixed walls.

Last time I checked, this was the "Random Screenshots Thread". I posted a random screenshot.
No need to be rude.
Last edited by -=VcL.Rajinn on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

screenshot_42.png
screenshot_33.png
screenshot_12.png
the last line sawyer says is hard to read it says nop
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

I just got reminded of this...
Attachments
screenshot_22.png
-=VcL.Rajinn
Round Winner

Post by -=VcL.Rajinn »

wow Tank thats actually a pretty neat floor :D
Last edited by -=VcL.Rajinn on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
madmax
Round Winner

Post by madmax »

That cycle stood still throughout the round. Ghost Rider?
Attachments
ghost_rider.png
Winner of the How Many Pages Before The Lock® competition and a grand total of 18,93 euros in Euromillions.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

That ghost cycle might be related to mine above with Gene? There are also those time when I enter a server, it puts me watching someone, but simultaneously, even before the visuals come up, that someone gets 'sploded. Then the camera gets stuck staring at an empty spot on the floor.

Tank's floor there reminds me of some of these (particularly the last set I posted): http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... 47&t=19654

...and also some of these: http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... 8&start=15
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

The floor like that believe it or not is a bug... Something with the 830M chipset and the dual textured plane made it go crazy on an old laptop.
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

What's with that floor problem never staying away?
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

another random mazing pic, tonight i figured out that 5 rubber is an excess of about 3 for sumo
Cool maze.png
Edit: this does say 8 but i was messing around with 3 and i did other mazes that i did not think i could do.
Edit-2: um i just went to sumo where i have a ping of 55 and little lag, i could not do that maze, i was astounded the change with slight lag being brought into the equation
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

Tank Program wrote:The floor like that believe it or not is a bug...
Yeah, it apparently isn't in my case, either.
Jonathan wrote:What's with that floor problem never staying away?
Staying away, in what sense?
Mkay1 wrote:another random mazing pic
Rather mundane, that.

It's odd the redefinitions of "maze[ing]" in this game. Maze usually refers to a puzzle made of a complex system of paths with several branches, most leading to dead ends, in which one may become lost while trying to find the way out, or to the other side.

Traditionally, mazing in Arma was defined as making a big shape (square, zig-zag, cross/plus, clover, etc.), then trace the contour of the shape, leaving a little gap for yourself, several times over until you reach the middle, then turn around and come out. This is the definition still on the Arma wiki. Or like these:
Mazing-Labyrinth.png
I always thought it was strange to call that a maze, considering there was only one path in and out, with no side-paths. Technically, that's better termed a labyrinth, as wikipedier puts it:
In colloquial English labyrinth is generally synonymous with maze, but many contemporary scholars observe a distinction between the two: maze refers to a complex branching puzzle with choices of path and direction; while a single-path (unicursal) labyrinth has only a single, non-branching path, which leads to the center. A labyrinth in this sense has an unambiguous route to the center and back and is not designed to be difficult to navigate.
So it's already off. But now I keep encountering all these yahoos who refer to any kind of doodling and design-making as "mazing." This kind of stuff:
Mazing-doodle.png
And everyone has their little stock designs they know by key-combo heart. Sure, sometimes you go into it once, then back out, but sometimes not. Whatever the case, it surely doesn't fit either of the above definitions. And to go further, there are even a bunch of kids who are calling plain old tunneling mazing.

And worse are the ones who complain about it if you come near them and try to core dump them, kinda like 'open' players. Why don't you just do it in a local game?

Anyway, linguistic/etymological/memetic/lingo observation.