There Are No Girls On the Internet ft. Durf

Anything About Anything...
Durf
Match Winner

Re: There Are No Girls On the Internet ft. Durf

Post by Durf »

Your gender doesn't matter. I don't know why you think it does or why you think pretending you're the opposite gender would make any difference.
Durf wrote: ^ stop avoiding the fact that this is about you and your lies
Gender is out of the question, female or male, I would treat you the same.

My instructions were really just some questions I would ask, and you would be required to answer them in real time. (no PMs, no forums, no email. In game chat is fine.)

Among some other tasks I might ask you to perform, a picture may or may not be required. (no nudity is required, even tits can be seen through a shirt and most people should be able to tell the difference between mammaries and man-boobs - but that's so crude, I was thinking something more like identity verification; where you take a picture with a written password that I would give you. Then you'd have 30-60 seconds to send the picture to my email. Again, no nudity is required; and a picture itself may not even be required)

Lastly, information about who (rather what) you are is publicly available to many, many advertising agencies. If you have seen an ad on the internet, they already started tracking your interests. It is sophisticated enough to depict between family members, so obviously it can tell sex, age, level of income, children, level of education, etc.. And this is all publicly available too; so I would (if required) setup a page that is linked to such agencies, and ask you to visit it. Then I'd have to go digging through tons of statistical data to find "you" and the information they have on you.

But honestly, you don't have the psychological disposition of a female. Which is what made me question your gender in the first place. Either your bad at acting, or you're a very manly female (sexy xD).

It's not about your gender at all. In the end, which gender you are doesn't matter.
The reasons for me questioning you has more to do with integrity than anything else.
Plus it would be a good thing for your "supporters" to see who exactly they were supporting. (a liar)
Did you think no one would call you out on your nonsense? That's just silly. This is the internet.
dinobro
Average Program

Post by dinobro »

I was going to be gentle and stuff, but dude, you're freaking sick "xD".
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Hey sinewav, are you reading the above post made by your favorite intelligent person? I really hope you are.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Vogue wrote:Hey sinewav, are you reading the above post made by your favorite intelligent person? I really hope you are.
He's spot on. This is exactly the kind of skepticism needed in the Information Age. Besides, you are the one who keeps pushing the "I'm a girl" thing. This thread is proof. Durf is interested in the game and completely uninterested in you personally, except for where Ladle rules are involved. Sorry, he doesn't care about you. That might be hard to accept. Deal with it.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Oh pleaseeeeee, out of all the bullshit he posted today all you mention is skepticism on the internet? Lets just ignore the ignorant comments regarding gender roles and behaviors associated with that. You're trolling at this point, sine.
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

There are clear differences between genders.
Ignoring them is what is ignorant.

Sexism: prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.

It isn't sexist to say that a male has penis.
Just like it's not sexist to say that females typically have mammary glands.
(note that there are odd cases in which neither could be true for either sex, but that does not invalidate the generalization)
Just like there are physical difference between genders, there are psychological ones too.
Pretending they don't exist is ignorant.

Y'know that finger you've been pointing at everyone lately?
Turn it around and start judging yourself for once. It will do you some good.
Especially since you think my posts have been bullshit...what have your posts been?
What do you contribute to this thread?...in fact, what does this thread contribute to the forums?
What are you doing with your hobby?
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Claiming I don't have the "psychological disposition of a female" implies girls on the internet have to act a certain way, presumably your version of feminine, or they're not considered girls. That is sexist and ignorant.
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

How much psychology do you know? Certainly not enough to even be a successful troll.

Furthermore, I said that it was your psychological disposition that made me question your gender. No assumptions were made. And I definitely did not imply that females are required to act a certain way.
As I said in my previous post, there are differences between genders and you can't pretend there aren't.

Anyone that knows enough psychology can easily tell more about you than you know about yourself.

At this point you are grasping at straws; literally trying anything you can to make this thread actually valid.
Try as you might, there's nothing there for you to find.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

"You don't have the psychological disposition of a female"

Please share with us what an 'actual female' would have.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Vogue wrote:"You don't have the psychological disposition of a female"

Please share with us what an 'actual female' would have.
Indeed. I'd like to know exactly what a sexist cisgender male knows about gender.

Durf? Care to explain your blatantly misogynistic and transphobic comments? Or should I just do what I think is necessary here?

Signed,
Your Friendly Gender Fluid Moderator

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

What do you think is necessary here?
Pretty sure this topic is off topic and only a waste of space, so as moderator, shouldn't you have done something already? Y'know instead of propagate this nonsense further...

In answer to your questions, another concerned tronner PM'd me about my alleged sexism, and referred me to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjJQBjWYDTs
I urge you all to do the same.

This was my reply:
Durf wrote:Overall, I would say that you have a cynical outlook on life and those around you.

I'm glad you pointed that video out, because it shows a good example of sexism.
However, it also shows that there are clear differences between boys and girls.

The most prominent of which is the fact that the video even exists at all.
Consider that boys don't have a video like that.
Boys have issues too and they too go through a sensitive time in their lives.
Is the video suggesting that boys don't have a need for support because they are boys? That only girls require the special attention that EVERYONE deserves?

Really, there are ways in which that video is sexist in itself.
And why do you think? It's made by a feminine product company.
From a business standpoint, they are making a very smart move by playing what what makes girls be like girls psychologically.
That video in itself plays on their insecurities and "Always" will benefit greatly from it.

(that being said, the video serves as an example of how girls are psychologically different)

When it comes to analyzing things like that video, and the words that people say, be sure not to take it out of context, because that obviously wasn't the intention.
I could say that video is sexist against males, but really it was intended to be a good thing in support of women.

This is why I'm forced to conclude that you're just a cynic. You seem to assume the worst in people instead of finding the intention.

I don't expect you to understand, but I also don't think you would benefit from anything else I had to say.
You have every right to believe what you want, and if you want to believe I'm sexist then go ahead. (that might hurt my feelings if I respected your opinion)

Careful not to turn into a giant pussy when supporting feminist rights.
Women worked for years to get their rights to be equal, and yet, they still don't want to be punched in the face like a man. Hmmm... >_>

The truth of the matter is that everyone needs to drop it.
Like I say for racism, "if race is an issue, you're a racist".
As such, "if gender is an issue, you're a sexist".
I keep making it clear that gender isn't an issue and I would treat Vogue the same (male or female); the reasons why have to do with integrity, not gender.

As for listing specifics, it would take far too much of my time to teach you the relevance...just learn some psychology, and a little biochemistry (interactions between chemicals in the brain) and it soon becomes clear.
If you don't care enough to learn, then why should I bother with you?
Furthermore, calling me a "cisgender" only implies that you're some transgender or otherwise not male or female. So how exactly does any of this effect you? Or did you think it would be fun to use a word that has no real relevance in your sentence?

In the spirit of trolling, I suggest you all change your tampon.
The only ones making an issue out of this is you. Aren't you special :3
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Wow. I just...wow.

Ok.

Enjoy your ban, Durf. I know damned well that I don't want this kind of sexism being thrown around. That video shows every single way you're wrong.

And you don't get it.

(This decision was made in part due to feedback from my younger daughter and my wife. People who are, amongst all the other things they are, girls)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
TaZ
Round Winner

Post by TaZ »

I guess I'm a cynic.
Nanu Nanu
Core Dumper

Post by Nanu Nanu »

Lucifer wrote:Wow. I just...wow.

Ok.

Enjoy your ban, Durf. I know damned well that I don't want this kind of sexism being thrown around. That video shows every single way you're wrong.

And you don't get it.

(This decision was made in part due to feedback from my younger daughter and my wife. People who are, amongst all the other things they are, girls)

Seems to me like Durf just touched a sensitive nerve of yours, Lucifer. I don't really see a reason for this to result in a ban. Is Durf not allowed to have an opinion that differs from yours? Perhaps try explaining to him why each part of what he said is wrong, in your opinion. I feel there are far worse things that have been said on here that have gone unpunished, yet you decide to punish someone who merely disagrees with you and at least tried to explain in detail why he disagrees. While some of Durf's comments do go a bit too far, he does a fairly good job of attempting to explain why he thinks what he does, and he was just sort of ignored and punished. I just thought moderators were supposed to be a bit less biased.
Prema wrote:The second match starts, a new beginning,
Nanu and Prema, Sui and Ninja,
versus those same old hoes grinning.
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

Lucifer wrote:Enjoy your ban, Durf.
This banning stuff is beginning to get rediculous.